Wednesday, April 21, 2010

sweet molly

my sweet bloggy friend renee troy is an artist and animal lover, and she's combined these two passions and come up with a fabulous idea for a fundraiser to benefit "a place to bark", the loving and generous animal shelter that's founded and run by bernie berlin. renee has asked various artists to participate by creating a page featuring a special pet in their life.....and when everyone has completed their project, she'll bind it in a book and then it goes up for auction, with all of the proceeds going directly to benefit the bark shelter!
this is a page that i created for our sweet molly......an extremely precious, funny, and affectionate bearded collie! i kept the layout fairly simple because molly herself is pretty uncomplicated.....her needs are few, but what she gives back is enormous! she makes me happy, she makes me laugh, and she has definitely left her little pawprints all over my heart!!

thank you, renee for all of your worthwhile efforts in bringing joy to so many sweet animals! and thank you for inviting me to include my own sweet little molly in such a special project!

click on image for a better view of the text.....

19 comments:

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

I love this, and so does Ellie!♥♥

Sara said...

What a wonderful cause...and what an adorable pup you have! :)

LR said...

this is so special. what a great book it will be.

Mary said...

This is precious!
We have a Molly too! :)

Jancalligrapher said...

oh, love seeing the picture of your dog. So cute. Cute colors too! Have a great day, Lori.

Kelly Warren said...

What a neat idea! what a cute little Molly you have! I have Molly too! My four legged girls are Isabelle, a chocolate lab mix, and Molly, a yellow lab mix. Off to see renee's blog...

chrissy said...

how happy would you be if you were a dog named molly!
she is sugar.
and so is your page.
hope you.ll share a peek of the book when it.s finished.
also, have to tell you that girl..your dryer sheet business rocks. thanks to becky, i know , i know, but i love how you take an idea and crank something incredibly wonderful and so "lori" like out it.
i am diggin through my laundry room trash and the pile of socks with dryer sheets clinging on for dear life and making something cool in honor of my dear chocolate.in.crime partner.
happy wednesday.
loves to you.
c

Alexandra MacVean said...

Adorable. I am going to have to check out her link. I'd like to try and do it, if it is not too late! :)

Hugs!

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Sweetie! You've created a beautiful page for your cherished little puppy! Look at that little face...she's cute as a button! I loved the small print. True puppy love! Thanks for the link, Lori. xoxo Paulette

Martha Lever said...

Absolutely adorable!!!!! Oh what a sweet face!

Renee Troy said...

OMG! It's wonderful! Can't wait to receive it. I just adopted a pup at the shelter over the weekend and named her Molly.
I'll let you know when it arrives.
xxxooo

Unknown said...

Wonderful!! You are amazing.

Marie aka Grams said...

So charming, and so generous. That book will be a treasure for any animal lover.

Createology said...

Molly and you are so giving and for such a wonderful cause. Happy auctioning...

Pat said...

So cute!

Cat said...

Sweet Molly is adorable both as a puppy and a grown up dog! Border Collies are the most intelligent of the canines! She is just precious and must be very giving and loving!

Love the page!

Ella said...

I love Molly's face, so sweet and giving, as you described! I love the colors you chose, cheery n' bright. My beagle, Buster provides
warmth and cheer to my family n' me, daily! Thanks for sharing~
Going over to visit Renee; great post!

Jane Farr said...

Molly does look like a sweetie! Great page Lori. I hope Renee raises a ton of money for Bernie's rescue efforts.

Lisa Holtzman said...

Ah Lori, what a great page. Your fabulous style with the adorable Molly! I just want to kiss her sweet little face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...