Monday, December 6, 2010

inspiration monday


if given enough time, little seeds of inspiration can grow into dreams......and if those dreams are nurtured and taken seriously enough, they can grow into beautiful realities.....red-rubber-stamp kind of realities.....

actually, i have blogland's mondo beyondo cheerleader carmen torbus to thank for helping me to rediscover a little seed of inspiration that's been hiding in one of those dark corners of the creative side of my brain.....way back where all the cobwebs are thick and having wild parties. carmen asked me in a recent interview what my big dream was.....and after breaking up some serious cobweb parties and clearing out several dark corners of the creative side of my brain, i discovered a seed that's been waiting......for a long time......to grow. for whatever reason, i have long dreamed of seeing my lettering in rubber.....deep-etched red rubber stamps......and thanks to little seeds growing up into beautiful reality gardens, it has happened! i am thrilled to introduce you to my first deep-etched-red-rubber-stamp!!!

but what i find most interesting is how easy this whole process has been.....what i thought was so mysterious in having rubber stamps made was really nothing!  if i hadn't put so many hurdles up in front of myself, maybe that little seed wouldn't have gotten buried......and i could've been using my rubber stamps for all these years!

so the moral of this (long) story is: grab a flashlight and a broom and go hunting in those dark corners of your brain. sweep those cobwebs away and find those sweet little seeds of inspiration.....plant them....and watch them grow into gorgeous gardens of reality!!

i had some extra stamps made.......look for a giveaway soon! 
 i'll keep you posted!!
:))



30 comments:

Alexandra MacVean said...

LOVE this post....encourages me. I'm starting to dream more and more!! :)

Dawn said...

yay!! good for you! It is gorgeous :) Thought until I saw the picture of hte stamp, i just assumed it was your gorgeous lettering as usual. Thats a sign how awesome your handwriting is. woohooo :)

LuckyDog said...

Oh, I hope you sell these in your Etsy shop! Congratulations and please make some more! XOXO

crystal said...

Woo hoo, Lori!!!
So glad you made some stamps from your *supercali-fragilistic-expialladocious* lettering!!! :-)

I'm crossing my fingers that a certain little Mr. Thumb Bud is next???

xoxo :-)

Mary said...

Yay, Yay, Yay!!!

Good for you Lori - and I love that stamp!! More, more, more please!!

keep that dream alive!!

Doda said...

Lovely ! How exciting - are you having these made to sell , or just for personal use?

Martha Lever said...

YAY, Lori!!!! this one is wonderful with your signature fabulous "Lori Letters"!!! The Etsy shop will be buzzing!!!!

Createology said...

Congratulations Lori. How wonderful to see and hold and be able to use your creative dream. Your lettering definitely deserves to be shared. Happy stamping...

Marie aka Grams said...

Wahoo for you!!! That's terrific, and all the more reason to eat chocolate.
So excited for you, and hope to see so many more stamps come along. xoxo
Keep dreaming.

Eden said...

Oh Lori!! That is so great!! Your stamp is uber cool!!! Yep, I'm a dreamer too!! Funny, the way you write it out.....you make is sound so simple!! Your time is here, girl :D

Pat said...

This news makes me really happy for you. And that just makes me isn't-life-grand-kind-of-happy. :)

LR said...

dreams can be. so happy for you. all the best.

Patricia Williams said...

SOO happy for you! Wow! It was encouraging to me to hear about one of your dreams coming true. Reminds me that it's possible for me too!

rachel awes said...

hello, dear dreamer!
love your handwriting
& colors!! xox

Ella said...

Beautiful post, so happy for you!
I love how you described the process. Fear does block us from sweeping those cobwebs and tucking our dreams in the corners of our mind~

Butterfly Works said...

Lori, great job.....and I am so glad you went for it......You inspire all of us and are always encouraging us to move forward with our dreams and now you showing us how to do that as well......

Better get ready, the crowd's are coming......

Kerri said...

you are so right!!

i used to tell myself i'd never be able to find a cellist that could play with me. but once i actually looked into it, i found several people that were great, and i chose one in particular to work with a lot. she plays with me often and we've become great friends as well.

Becky Shander said...

I'm so excited for you Lori! You dreamed, you created, and now it's real...congratulations on reaching all of this.

K said...

Congratulations, that really great and so cool! I'll very definitely look out for the giveaway (and for your etsy shop as well).

Sandi said...

and what a beautiful dreamer you are! Delightful. Hugs

tami said...

I love it when dreams come true! How exciting and wonderful!

aimee said...

you'd better stock up. those stamps are going to blow out the door!

Dymphie said...

your lettering is always so lovely, congrats with the stamps. I so hope you will have a rubber stamp line soon!

Jancalligrapher said...

Wow, that is awesome, Lori. Congratulations on your first stamp. Yes, I agree, hope you sell them. Have a happy day, xoxox

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Oh lori! I have thought about your rubber stamp dream ever since I read that interview!! I am SOOOO happy for you! You go girl!!! I am so excited! Congrats and big hugs to you!!!

Claire M said...

This is so super cool! Congratulations on bringing your dream to fruition. Your lettering is so appealing to me -- it may sound wierd -- but your lettering is very 'uplifting'!

Now .... will we start seeing some of them in your Etsy store?

shibori girl said...

Whoot! Let's hear it for taking a broom to those brain cobwebs.

Good for you, for charging forth with your stamp idea. Here's to many more to come...

Hugs,

Kate

Beedeebabee said...

Lori, you are just so inspiring, you have no idea!!! I'm so glad you brushed away those cobwebs and snatched that hidden dream from the corner of your adorable mind...and made it a reality. Your stamps are just wonderful! ...I wonder what other adorable Elvie ideas you've stashed away behind the cobwebs just waiting to be rediscovered!!! Hurry...grab that broom and flashlight! xoxo Paulette

Christie Minchew said...

Yea! Yippee! Way to go, Lori!!! I'm so glad you did it. You are the perfect rubber stamp creator. (as you can see, i'm catching up after a blog-reading hiatus.) They look great :).

Jane Farr said...

Yay for you!!! Your lettering deserves to be up in the red rubber lights!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...