Monday, April 21, 2014

inspiration monday {elvie-encore-post #4}


i seem to have a lot of "experimental background papers" that are, 
let's face it, just plain lemons.    
so, you know the saying, when you've got lemons,  make some lemonade!




one of the things i like about this paper is all that juicy color...…
but to my eye, it's just too splotchy.  
so one thing i love to do is take a scrap of card stock and 
cut an opening out of the middle to create a little window 
(i've cut mine into a 1.5" square, but you can use any size or shape).  
then place it on top of the paper, and move it around...…
there are lots and lots of fun little art pieces hiding in there!  
make a quick tracing with a pencil around the edge of 
the window shape and then cut out the piece.......




and you'll have a pile of little art lovelies before you know it!  
suddenly that big piece of lemon paper is looking much better!





here's a way to make some lemonade with those little snippets of art happiness: 
draw a frame shape onto a piece of watercolor paper 
(i'm using my moleskine journal)......





and then paint it in.  i drew my frame with a tombow watersoluble marker, 
so i just used my waterbrush to activate the ink.  
when it dries, you can go back with your micron 
to touch up any lines that have faded.





once the frame is dry, glue one of the little art snippets to the middle.....






then add all of your special touches, 
and maybe even a title for your new little masterpiece!





keep painting frames and adding art snippets and titles......






and before you know it......






you've got your very own lemonade gallery!
have fun!


{my art gallery lemonade recipe:
the original background paper was created using bottled inks and this saran wrap method.

other supplies:  card stock, black tombow marker, waterbrush, micron pens, 2B pencil, glue stick}


{i'm currently on a little bloggy break...this is an encore presentation 
of a post originally featured on july 25, 2011}




12 comments:

Julie S said...

Genius! What lovely little masterpieces.

froebelsternchen said...

Oh my gosh! What an AMAZING inspiration!
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful ideas and knowledge with us!

Carolynn Anctil said...

Love it! I'm a huge fan of repurposing.

Pinetree Studios said...

Absolutely wonderful idea! Thank you so much!

Crystalyn said...

A friend of mine recently sent me a link to your blog and I have really enjoyed reading through all of your old posts! I love this idea. And I especially love how when you cut them up little, they look like abstract landscapes! This would be a fun way to use some of my kids papers as well.

Createology said...

Brilliant tiny masterpieces! You have made the most delicious lemonade on the planet my artist friend. Pure Creative Bliss...

Margaret said...

Love these, Lori. I've found a store where I'll be able to buy the Moleskine. I was so excited when I saw them lol. Is this journal the small water colour one? Looks just my size of project page :o)

Hope you're having lots of fun on your break away
Hugs, Margaret xx

Unknown said...

You are amazing! I love what you have done with these little snippets of pure joy!!

Isabel said...

Genial!!! Una idea brillante!! Besos.

Patricia said...

What a wonderful idea... the result is amazing... just perfect for those moments that does not feel very inspired... so simple and so beautiful... of course, the simple ideas are the best ones. thanks for sharing it!!!

marie said...

Wonderful idea! Love it!!

Roberta @ ArtcyLucy Studio said...

I LOVE THIS!!! So creative and beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...