Thursday, August 21, 2014

hat of paper


this week, the Documented Life Project challenged us to use numbers,
and it reminded me of a fun song my little dutch sweetie 
used to sing to our kids when they were younger.




it's a very popular counting song about a sweet little paper hat.





the song doesn't include a bear or a heart-balloon….
but, when you're dealing with kids and paper hats,
a bear and a heart-balloon really are must-haves, don't you think?  
 :))


here's the rough translation:
one, two, three, four, 
hat of, hat of,
one, two, three, four,
hat of paper.

it's a really cute little song and it sounds so much better in Dutch.
especially if it's being sung by someone with a sweet little Dutch accent. xox
you can listen to it here!


{supplies for the week thirty-four DLP challenge:
moleskine planner, fabriano artistico 140 lb. HP paper, pitt pens,
watercolor, washi tape, 5B graphite pencil, scrapbook paper}




20 comments:

Sandi Keene said...

What a great story to capture in your DLP planner!That bears is so cute!

Jolande said...

Als het hoedje dan niet past
zetten we het in een glazen kast :-)
I am Dutch so I know the song very well.
I love the page you made with this song!!!

Julie S said...

Adorable!

Debbie said...

Thanks for sharing such a cute journal page, and the story that goes along with it. I loved seeing/hearing the song in video too!

Alexandra MacVean said...

Absolutely cute, Lori! LOVE LOVE his hat. :) I'm loving being back to the bloggie world - I feel like I lost touch with so many people!! xx

Margaret said...

Oh so sweet, Lori. Love the journal page and seeing as well as hearing the song makes a lot more sense lol

Hugs, Margaret xx

Createology said...

What a sweet little song sung in Dutch. I do believe your rendition with the bear and balloon is ever so much cuter! Counting Bliss Dear...

Bernardine said...

I am sweet with a ery big Dutch accent, so I like this one very much ;-)
Doe meneer Vliegen de hartelijke groeten ;-)

nely said...

Leuk

Martha Lever said...

So so precious, Lori! Ok, next time I see Walther I want him to sing this for me!
ox

Unknown said...

oh my!This is so cute.The bear and the heart balloon were absolutely essential!

Carolynn Anctil said...

I LOVE it! The little bear is absolutely darling.

Mayte clay said...

It´s so cute!!!

Cornella28 said...

Dis pragtig! Ons het presies dieselfde liedjie in Afrikaans.

Judi said...

Did anyone besides me....HAVE to get a piece of computer paper and...make a hat after listening and watching the youtube video? It turned out pretty darn good:) Thanks Lori

Viki Banaszak said...

This is too sweet! You always do such pretty work.

sharin said...

I never would have thought to put a cute little paper hat on the bear. You are so creative! I've just joined a Facebook group about journaling in our Bibles...I bet you'd enjoy it. There are some really talented ladies there who draw and illustrate scripture as they study their Bible. Here's the URL: https://www.facebook.com/groups/675075232583189/?fref=nf
I look forward to your next post!
Sharin

Artisoo said...

Little Red Riding Hood. Yours is Orange

Dymphie said...

This is so much fun, thanks for bringing back good memories :)

Lucinde | Lucilight said...

I'm a Dutchy too and loved seeing this Dutch song pop up here :). Great page!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...