Tuesday, May 19, 2015

have a seat


i am slowly but surely getting back into my studio,
and i've been having an absolute ball as a student in 




danielle offers many hours of fabulous instruction on illustrative sketching
and watercolor basics, not to mention
instructions and demonstrations of how to draw her sweet little "girls"
and put it all in your very own "rainbow storybook".
she also offers a great lesson on perspective drawing….




and speaking of perspective drawing,
she takes the mystique, and let's face it, the pain, out of the process
by showing us how to draw a chair…..
and i must confess,  i'm kinda hooked!
i never realized there were so many types of chairs…..
or how much fun it would be illustrating them!


you can read more info about danielle's class here.

{supplies:  strathmore 140lb. CP paper, watercolor, 
colored pencil, HB and 6B pencil}


  




10 comments:

julie king said...

hi lori! good to see your creativity flowing! i've always loved visiting your blog. such a bright little spot in my day.

Sandi Keene said...

So nice to see you again, Lori! Love your chairs! I love being a student under a great teacher. Happy that you found a class that is inspiring!

Jeanette said...

Lori!
These chairs are darling!!! I'll take two of each, please! ;)
So glad to see you back, I've missed you, your creativity, inspiration and beautiful spirit!
So fun...
Much love,
Jeanette

Unknown said...

Hey, Lori
I am tickled to see your work.... I am also taking Danielle Donaldson class. I love your Chairs!!!!
Thanks for inspiration today!!!
Karen

Createology said...

I have always loved your drawings and these new chairs are wonderful. Isn't it simply divine that we can learn something new every day?!! It makes us feel empowered to learn and be able to create. Creative Bliss Dear...

Erica said...

LOVE these chairs Lori! What a great notecard series this would make! ;-)

Thank you for sharing about this class. I signed up so I could learn more about it!

Martha Lever said...

Thank you, sweet Lori, for your comment! And these chairs are so fabulous and fun! Love them!!!

Cathy Michels said...

Hi Lori, Love your chairs and the style of your layouts! Thanks for telling us about the class - I just had to sign up and see what fun new things I could learn. I am still art journaling regularly, thanks to your wonderful classes and instruction. Thanks for your lovely email and encouragement last week. I have to tell you that I was so excited when I got your blog update email yesterday - your artwork is like delicious creative candy. Hugs, Cathy

suzanne said...

Thank you very much for letting us know about Danielle's class and I signed up also! I'm thinking of making the same size book that I made in your class. So glad to see your artwork ~ always inspiring!

Unknown said...

I really enjoy your posts and I especially love your chairs. I collect small chairs so its a special delight to see these. Soooooo Cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...