Friday, May 27, 2016

banner perspectives



i'm celebrating today!
i've been invited by the Art to the 5th gals to be Featured Artist 

 { ♥ sending big thanks and big love to you sweet DLP ladies!  }






our monthly theme is
"a look through my eyes, gaining new perspective"
and this week's challenge for our Personal Art Card (PAC)
is to use a rubber stamp.

so i decided to use a combination of hand-carved banner stamps…..






along with a few little acrylic stamps….






and "gained a whole new perspective" on how to use them!





 here's a video showing my inspiration {thank you, sweet sandi keene!},
as well as my entire process from start-to-finish!


{you can watch this video in large format here!}






10 comments:

Createology said...

Congratulations Miss Elvie on your guest posting. Love your carved stamps and resulting art.

SD pooja said...

Congrats for guesting ! I am a fan of your hand drawn cute and loved the stamped one too..your coloring is amazinG !

Mary W said...

My favorite thing to do at retreats is go through the trash cans and pull out discarded things that inspire me then turn them into something useful. When I saw what Sandi did and now what you have done, it reminds me how much fun it was to repurpose and create. Since I just made a batch of art cards with my granddaughter (6 yo) and the "stuff" was still on my table, I'm going to begin this day with creating a few more using your cute stamp technique. Wonder what she will come up with as I know I'm making triangles and banners. Thanks for some great inspiration.

Sandi Keene said...

Thank you, Lori, for inspiring and educating us as the Featured Artist this month! I love that my boo-boo was part of your process. I have never watercolored with distress inks so thanks for giving me new ideas! Love ya!!

betsy said...

Thank you for your wonderful inspiration. You have a lovely style that I always look forward to seeing!

Loretta said...

Lovely cards. Thank you for sharing with us!

Mona_63 said...

I love your blog... :)

Rae Missigman said...

Your work is alway so happy and inspiring Lori! Thank you so much for agreeing to join us this month ... it is always a special treat to have you along for the adventure! xx Rae

Ruth said...

Wonderful...
So special...
Love it...
Ruth

Unknown said...

Posters are an effective advertising tool. In order for any business to grow and to stay competitive, it has to continually advertise its product or service.
plakat design online

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...