Sunday, September 25, 2016

color blox




several months ago i posted about my fabulous 
as well as inspiration taken from mimi robinson's book "Local Color".....
and as it turns out, my in-the-box-grid-girl has been
so very happy painting these colorful little squares ever since!

it's such a great way to document the loveliness of a day.....





as well as some of the not-so-lovely.






so, i decided to create a little journal for these color gems
so they could celebrate all their blocky splendor together in one place.....






and here's a peek inside!

(you can watch this video in larger format here)





these are the supplies i used to create my journal:
canson moulin du roy cold press w/c paper,
daniel smith and sennelier watercolor,
pilot .3 mechanical pencil


xox







9 comments:

Martha Lever said...

LOVE it so so so much!!! FABULOUS! Dad's flowers...tears stung my eyes, oxox

Debbie said...

Lovely! Thanks for sharing.

bmerves said...

Brilliant and beautiful.

Jeanette said...

Lori!
I love this interpretation and way of capturing memories!! It is lovely.

Flowers for Dad...squeezed my heart and my eyes welled up-I so understand.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful art with us!
Big squishy hugs and lots of love!
Jeanette

lori vliegen said...

thank you SO much for your sweet words, everyone......i really, really appreciate it!! xoxoxox

Sandi Keene said...

What a cool journal! I love how it leaves the interpretation up to the viewer. I guessed what each meant. The colors were certainly leading me in a direction. What a creative way to document!

Unknown said...

Lori, thanks so much for sharing. Your little blocks journal is adorable and inspiring. Simply beautiful!

Unknown said...

Lori, thanks so much for sharing. Your little blocks journal is adorable and inspiring. Simply beautiful!

Createology said...

I saw your precious color block book on FB and swooned over it. I delight in seeing your beautiful simple yet stunning artwork. Now I shall eat Chocolate which also makes me swoon with delight. Falling into Autumn Bliss...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...