Friday, August 18, 2017

inspiration rediscovered


i've recently discovered that
just when you think inspiration is your new BFF
and you're thrilled because it wants to hang out with you day and night,
it will turn around and go on vacation.....





a really loooong, extended vacation.





so long, in fact, that you start to worry a bit
and wonder if it's ever going to come back.





so while i was waiting.....and waiting.....for inspiration to return,
i decided to take my mind off of my long-lost friend
by diving into some of the stitchy-goodness
that i truly loved doing as a young kid.





and then i wondered what would happen if i mixed in 
some of the journal-goodness i love to do as an "older kid".






and as you can probably guess, by the time i was finished
with all of this kid-goodness i realized that
inspiration had slipped in through the back door 
and finally came home to my heart.

now it's time to follow it.
(you probably knew i was going to say that.... :))

{thank you, inspiration!}


watercolor and batting for heart, 11/0 glass seed beads, 
colored pencil, embroidery hoop, needles, scissors}





16 comments:

Sandi Keene said...

So glad you found your inspiration. I missed you!!

Canary said...

Wow. Love the mix of watercolour and thread. So effective, so beautiful. Inspiring as always.

Cathy Michels said...

Always exceptional, always original - love it!!

Anonymous said...

Really a lovely work!!! Best wishes Elke

Mary Lee said...

I was beginning to think I'd lost you. I'm glad you found inspiration again. I love what you've done and plan to incorporate it into my crafting. I have every DMC color. Lucky me! Lucky you!
Mare

Tif said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tif said...

Oh I've been waiting by to see the finished product! I've loved seeing the close ups of your beautiful stitching. LOVE IT! It turned out beautifully!!

Elizabeth said...

beautyfull done

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

so so AWESOME!

SpindleandDistaffCreations said...

I just love your creative genius and candor. You speak from the heart and always say what so many of us feel and think too! And whatever you put your hand and heart to, always looks so beautiful!!!

fran pascazio said...

Love it....glad your inspiration has found it's way home!!!

Tamara said...

I love this! It's amazing when things come together when you least expect it. You make me want to grab my needle and embroidery thread and start adding it to my paintings as I have been meaning to do for some time. I have to say I love your style and the way you incorporated hand sewing into your style is just wonderful!!!

c. malcho said...

So glad you are back! Missed your posts. I love anything that you do!!

Judi said...

Love this! You are always an inspiration❣️

The Cat's Meow said...

As always such a beautiful work of art. I have truly missed you as you really are a great source of inspiration for me. I too have been going through a long pause of the creative flow and am slowly coming back to it. I have been looking so often to see if you were back and here you are. So glad to have you back fellow art adventurer!!

Embroidery Digitizing said...

Embark on a journey of creativity and passion with DMC embroidery floss. Let your heart guide your hand as you stitch intricate designs that speak to your soul. Each colorful thread intertwines to weave stories of inspiration and dedication. Follow your heart's path and create timeless works of art with DMC embroidery floss.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...