Thursday, January 22, 2009

backyard treasure

i have met so many wonderful people through etsy.  it's so much fun meeting folks from all over the world...and it's also a nice surprise when you meet someone in your own backyard! recently, i met sweet cristi as a result of her choosing my etsy shop as one of her "favorites".  when i noticed that she lived in my area, i dropped her a note to say hi, and before i knew it, we were chatting back and forth.  this necklace had caught my eye in her shop, and when she asked me if i was interested in conducting a trade, it didn't take me long to decide which item i would choose!  and as beautiful as it looks in this photo, it's even more stunning in person!  cristi's attention to detail and level of craftsmanship are above and beyond!  she chose some beautiful materials to work with, but i must admit that the silver tree hanging at the bottom is my favorite...inscribed on the sides are the words "grow strong".  cristi, this is an absolute treasure, and i so appreciate your generosity!  to see more of cristi's jewelry creations, please visit her shop here, and her blog here.  click on image for a great view!

9 comments:

Brenda Heisler said...

Yes, her work is very nice. Loved it all and made it a favorite.

Thanks for sharing her shop with us.

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

Thank you so much, Lori! I appreciate the post and I am so happy that you love your necklace. I love my journal as well and can't wait to get some color on those pages soon...

Brenda, thanks to you too!

Martha Lever said...

Love--love love it!!

Teresa aka Tess said...

Congrats Lori on a lovely trade. That is indeed a very pretty necklace and I love the heart shape in the picture. Thanks for sharing, her designs are awesome.

Thelma-Art said...

It's a lovely treasure.

Unknown said...

You lucky duck! That is a beautiful necklace.
I am a fellow Floridian too, but I live in central Florida. How do you like this freezing weather?:)
I love your aceo's.
Chrissie Grace

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT trade! Congrats and wear it well.

I loved your comment on my post yesterday. :-)

Kate

GreenTrikePress said...

Thanks for all of your lovely comments! I also check out your books often - they are really wonderful! Nice to be in touch with one another. I look forward to viewing many more great books!

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Lori! What a beautiful necklace! Love the tree charm too. I will make sure to check out her shop. Thanks for sharing!

Also, thank you for your sweet message!

Have a great weekend!

Lisa :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...