Friday, January 7, 2011

nobody but you


i've been wanting to sit down with my art journal all week.....and i finally treated myself to thirty minutes of creative time and pure bliss with my micron pens, pan pastels, watercolor pencils and a rubber stamp.  this journal is actually just a pad of 140 lb. watercolor paper that i tore the pages down to different sizes to add a little more interest.  
and......if you're looking for some great art journaling inspiration, julie fei-fan balzer has coordinated a fabulous group of artists with her "art journal every day" project......and today she's put together a magnificent post full of great tips for getting your art space organized!  thanks, julie!!!
hope you have a fun, creative weekend just being you!
:))

12 comments:

Cori Lynn Berg said...

Hey! I'm being me today! HOpe you are too! Cause I sorta like Elvie! ;)

Dymphie said...

Another gorgeous page, love the quote!

and here's one 'being me' today too, this week i've started an art journal, it will be a me-journal, no looking at and envying beautiful pages of certain others... ;) just my messy writing, glueing and painting and feeling happy with it.

wv said...

great great idea.....!

rachel awes said...

for the rest of our lives!
looove to you, & looove this!
xox

Megan Coyle said...

Great words of wisdom :)
and beautifully rendered too!

Claire M said...

So glad to see you posting again. I'm trying to be 'me' too!

Sara said...

YOU are fabulous. :)

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Lori! :D

What a beautiful page, and what great words!!! ... Sometimes it's so hard for me to want to be me, when everyone else is doing such fantastic stuff, and I wish I were them instead...but I'll try! You are so inspiring!!! ;)

xoxoxo Paulette

Unknown said...

Love what you have done...I will go check out the links!!

aimee said...

and sometimes it's so hard to do, why is that? beautifully doodled!

Dori Patrick said...

Yay!!! Amen Sister! Great page! Glad you are finding some creative time in the new year!

Patricia Williams said...

I'm glad you're being you, Lori!As Christian comedienne and author Liz Curtis Higgs says, "If you don't do you, who will?"
I also so appreciate all the great artists/workshops/blogs you mention, because I have been inspired by so many of the ones you mention!
I also had fun looking at all the stamps you've carved, listed on etsy. Good for you! You sure "took your dream and ran for it!"

Do you have much of a cold winter in Florida?
Didn't mean to write so much, sorry. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...