Monday, January 21, 2013

inspiration monday


i've discovered that sometimes when i'm looking for inspiration,
it's nice to catch up with an old friend,  like my dover doodle book......






because on the pages inside, you can always create silly stories about new friends....
like tom, and his day at the museum:






(tom's silly story goes like this....)
"once upon a time, tom found something he liked
in the case at the museum."






"and it didn't take long before tom was in a
  glazed-over-eyes-must-have-choco-trance." 








"actually, it became an all-out choco-emergency."





later that day, tom had discovered the moral of the silly story:
"always be prepared"
(or in choco-terms,  always carry a hammer in your backpack.)
:))



{this silly story was created in my dover doodle book using micron pens,
derwent inktense pencils, and a 4B graphite pencil}

{you can find the dover doodle book here!}


22 comments:

Donna said...

I love it Lori! Your text and drawings are wonderful! I follow your blog and I always enjoy your posts.
D~~~~

Katie Cannon said...

too cute. I love how you interpret the pages in this book.

Nadia said...

haha, that's funny! I actually can see him move in my mind.

Sandi said...

this definitely qualifies as a morning giggle, too stinkin cute! Hugs

Melanie said...

It was to have a good laugh about this.
Liefs, Melanie

Unknown said...

Love this! Now must have chocolate...can't resist...

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I love it! And I have had several "emergencies" lately!

Carin Winkelman said...

Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

belgische chocolade is dus echt wereldberoemd !

David and Christine said...

I've had a few chocolate emergencies myself this week!
What's funny is that I almost purchased the book today at Barnes and Noble but passed because I was in a hurry. Ugh!

angela said...

I love how you do that thing you do! That is awesome! I can't wait to see what else you do to those pages :)

ellie said...

you are so cute!

Miriam Prantner said...

This made me laugh! I love it!

Createology said...

Funny little story and that Belgium chocolate is not long for this world. Thank you for this smile that is as wide as my face (covered in chocolate dribbles). Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts Dear...

Unknown said...

LOL, this is terrific! Nice to see this post:)
Fran T xo

Unknown said...

I love how you make a wonderful story just by adding your little doodles and words! Thanks for sharing :)

Margaret said...

Hehehe so cute and fabulous

Margaret xx

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Gotta tell ya..I went in and ordered 3 of these - one for me and one each for my granddaughters 9 and 12 years old -( both live far from me ) and I'm going to tell them to complete them in their own story & words..then we'll all 3 compare! Fun huh? Thanks for the great tip!

artepacja said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
artepacja said...

What a wonderful idea! Nice sharing this with us!

Claire M said...

Adorable of course! Sure put a big SMILE on my face! Thanks.

Catherine Langsdorf said...

Your page is delightful! So creative! What a great book idea - I have never seen these, but they are now on my wish list/ to do list. I'll be watching for more of these in your posts! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...