Monday, February 11, 2013

inspiration monday


now that all the pages in my "elvie journal" are filled,  it's time to create a new
journal!  but this time,  i'd like to do something a little different,  and the great thing
about putting together your own journal is there really are no rules!
 you can use any paper you like, and fold as many pages as you want......




you can add your own artwork to the cover
 (for mine,  i've taken inspiration from my "orange journal").....






you can sew it together however you like
using your favorite color of thread.....







and once you're finished,  you can add any artwork you want
to all those fabulous pages inside!
voila......your very own custom journal!


{this "wings journal" was created using davey board,  
scrapbook paper,  silvertone eyelets,  waxed linen thread,  
140 lb. fabriano artistico HP and CP paper,
pitt pens,  pan pastels,  8B graphite pencil,  
and winsor&newton workable fixative}


{if you'd like to learn how to create your own
coptic journal with a sturdy watercolor paper cover,
please join me over at creative workshops 
for my "life stuff" online class!  you can read more here!}




19 comments:

Robin Sample said...

Truly inspiring! This is a beautiful journal.

Jeanette said...

Lori! Another GORGEOUS journal!!! I almost hopped out of my seat when I saw the first photo! Your work is remarkable and I'm sure it will be filled with all of your luscious, spectacular creations! Thanks for sharing. Hope your week is simply delightful! :) XooX, Jeanette

Katie Cannon said...

Lori, this is so pretty. I love the look and colors that you choose.

Michelle Gregory said...

very pretty. i always love coming here.

Isabel said...

Lori, your book looks just perfect! Cover pages are also beautiful. Thanks for showing us your talent. Kisses.

Margaret said...

Gorgeous as always

Hugs, Margaret xx

ric-rac said...

Wow - I love this book and always like looking at your lettering and phrases - so positive : )

Createology said...

Your handmade journals are such a delight and created with excellent precision. To add your artwork is pure bliss. Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts Dear...

Jessica Postema said...

love this beautiful book.

Unknown said...

I was watching your tutorials, I love ... your work is fabulous, congratulations!

Kathy said...

Hi Lori, I wanted to write to tell you how much I have been inspired by your beautiful art journals and paintings. I am finally feeling more comfortable playing with watercolours and have to thank you for the inspiration and tips on your blog. I would like you to visit my last post on my blog if you would like. I hope you don't mind me trying to copy some of your designs in attempt to cultivate my own style. You can find me at scrapperkat.blogspot.ca Thanks!

angela said...

Hi Lori!
I love how you make that beautiful journal seem so easy to put together. I think my wings need a little WD-40! I thought of you when I saw the post Blick art materials posted today on Facebook:
"A true artist is not one who is inspired, but one who inspires others" -Salvador Dali

Marleen Derweduwen said...

Subliem!!!!

Sandi said...

as always inspiration and creativity abound here, hugs

Tammie Lee said...

your journal looks wonderful!

ellie said...

stunning!

Susan said...

Looks lovely! Very pretty. Great workshop too.

rachel awes said...

i think everything you do has wings.
xoxo

Alexandra MacVean said...

I just love your little books! So much. Btw, I bumped into the daughter of a friend whom I bought one of your little, yellow journals for a few years ago. Made me smile!! She's STILL using it. hee :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...