Monday, February 4, 2013

inspiration monday


sometimes i'm down-right terrified of a blank page.....
there's just so much blank.





and then i remember that when you follow your heart, 
blank pages invite possibility.....





and inspiration.....





and blank-page-miracles!


"Believe in miracles.  In a world where research is the basis for drawing conclusions and
reason is rewarded, allow yourself to believe the unbelievable in life.  The word itself,
miracle, often seems magical or childish.  But don't let the unexplainable just slip by without 
at least a nod of recognition.  Believing in miracles allows these experiences to be much
more valuable.  Help them along by allowing your imagination to get involved."
Carolyn Rubenstein


{artwork finished in my walls notebook using pitt artist pens, pan pastel,
derwent inktense pencils, 8B graphite pencil}




19 comments:

Mieke said...

Love it!!! I am following your online class and I love it!!!!

Mieke said...

Letterlab :-)

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

WOWZER! I love that!

teri said...

Absolutely lovely.

David and Christine said...

I've said it once and I'll say it again brillant work!

Thinking about another online course?????

ellie said...

wish i could buy this print! hint...hint.

Luvcreatincards said...

Coucou Elvie,
Ohhhhhhh my goodness me what a transformation from a blank wall to an absolutely gorgeous creation, brilliant words and oodles of delightful doodling. You have such a wonderful way in creating beautiful art. THANK YOU sooooooo much for sharing these with us.
Warmest best wishes,
Su
-x-

Unknown said...

this page is incredibly beautiful1!!!!!!!

Caryl said...

Every single piece of art work you do is a little miracle... I love your work S.M.I.L.E

Margaret said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! Such beautiful words adorned in such a beautiful way. And I definitely believe in miracles :)

Margaret xx

Sandi said...

oh how I love miracles and yep I do do believe in them, thanks for our inspiration this week, hugs

angela said...

Hmmm....I think Ellie above came up with a great idea! I would love to have one of your prints! hint.hint ;)

Createology said...

I don't see a blank page any longer. You are the miracle with your art and selection of this wonderful quote. Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...

Claire M said...

Wise, wise words!! Love your take on them.

Martha Lever said...

Wow, Lori, what a wonderful page. Yes, I think sometimes the things we create are certainly miracles!

wv said...

wow, how clever, the focus through those famous glasses! wow!

Dymphie said...

O wow, how I love this page. Your work is outstanding as are the photos you make of it.

gloria vivas said...

Me encanta Lori! Es un trabajo precioso!

Anonymous said...

You are so creative. I bought the wall journal and I'm going to Hawaii. My goal is to do a journal page when I'm on the beach. Thanks for the creative inspiration.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...