Monday, August 4, 2008

gone fishin'


my dad is a fountain of knowledge and wisdom, and one day he said this to me as encouragement to take a risk with my artwork and put myself "out there". and, of course, as most dad's wisdom goes, he's right. so as a daily reminder, i wrote it out on paper and glued it to one of those cute 3" canvases and then finished the sides with ribbon. it sits proudly on a small easel in my kitchen where i see it every morning. and one day i hope to catch the "big one", or at least talk about the "one that got away"...but for now, i'm happy for a little nibble on the bait! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh to catch the big one!!! I know the big one is out there for us but apparently we don't know how to catch him......yet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...