Thursday, November 20, 2008

holly jolly

here are some little holly jollies all lined up ready to be put in the mail.  i haven't been very good about sending cards the past few years.   as they say, "life happens when you're making other plans" and sometimes it's just not possible to take the time to make a handmade card.  but this year, life is allowing me the time, so this is what i came up with...hand lettering and a little watercolor.   and the "holly jolly"?  well, i must confess that when it comes to the holidays, i always think of the burl ives snowman in the rudolph movie, singing "holly jolly Christmas"....     

5 comments:

Flor Larios Art said...

Cool, I like them. And congratulations for sending your cards early this year I always forget. This is like a reminder to me. Thanks,
Flor

Ken said...

Gosh Lori, I so jealous. You're way ahead of most of us.

lori vliegen said...

thanks for the vote of confidence...but just remember, i was totally driven by guilt this year (since i was such a slacker for the past few years!)!! :)

noodle and lou said...

LOVE the cards Lori! You are soooo way ahead of me:) I haven't even thought of cards yet. The other day at the post office the lady asked if I was ready for Christmas...did I need stamps. I said 'no thanks...I'm actually not ready to be ready'!! eeeeek...can't believe how fast it is coming!!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
xoxo...jenn

Michelle (aka mybelle101) said...

These are gorgeous! I haven't made *ahem*...any. Christmas cards, that is...my DH is a computer guru, so he sends out an 'e-newsletter' on our website, and I print a few off for the non-computer-savvy relatives. ;) I am hoping to make a few Christmas cards for close friends and family this year, though...thanks for the inspiration (and reminder) to get started!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...