Wednesday, January 27, 2010

one more grey day


i know that there are lots of sweet people out there in blogland.....and i'm wondering how in the world did i get so blessed that all of the sweetest-of-the-sweet bloggers....the sweet-elite.....come to my blog?!! i appreciate you SO much!! your encouraging and heartfelt comments never fail to put a big 'ol smile on my face.....thank you, thank you, thank you for making my world so colorful!
and with all of that color floating around, you'd think that some of it would have made it into my journal today! here's another project from my shades of grey online class......and while i've been a little homesick for a colorsplash the past few days, i must admit that i really love the way these turned out! pam has shown me how much fun going back to the basics can be....and for this lesson, she proves her point by using rubber stamps and watercolor crayons. using the crayons is a ton of fun, and they give a fabulously soft, cozy, mottled, artsy result!


these images were stamped and then painted using black, grey and white watercolor crayons. the outlining and checkerboard frame was drawn using an extra-small black pitt marker, and a 4B pencil was used for the shading (pam uses an 8B, but i didn't have one of those). then i used my trusty micron pens to give the images a title, and presto.....coloring for grown-ups!!


29 comments:

Gina Lee Kim said...

Oh Lori, how artistically & masterfully done! Back to basics....what a beautiful concept. How wonderful it is to take time and notice the millions of shades of grey. Thanks for the journey; I'm so proud of you!

Jancalligrapher said...

Hi, Lori, I love the leaves! Beautiful job,

Lancerika said...

Lori, thanks for your
kind words..
Appreciate the elegance of grey
in your designs,
lovely♥

Doda said...

Luverly!

Kelly Warren said...

very pretty lori! i've taken one of pam's online classes and she's a fabulous teacher. :-)

Diva Kreszl said...

another beautiful example of how simple can de delightful!

Martha Lever said...

Love it, Lori. It pops off the page!!!

Anonymous said...

The lines of your leaves immediately grabbed my attention. Their little swirls curl up just right.

Becky Shander said...

Lori, the last comment was from me. I must've pressed the wrong keys again...oops.

sara said...

I love it! Great job!!! Whenever I leave your blog I want to go try some new techniques- like only using black/white/grey....beautiful!

Patty S said...

yea! these are beautiful!
xo, patty :-)

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

I LOVE the "Leaves" !!!!!
You are the sweetest friend; that's why you have so many sweet friends i think, lori! ♥ Thank you so much for the joy, the B & W and the colors you bring. Love, kath

Jennifer DeDonato said...

Those are great. I love the leaves...cool beans!

Claire M said...

Looks like lots of fun! Sometimes it is good to try something different....

Mary said...

Who knew grey could be so lovely!!
It is amazing isn't it the shades there are between black and white.
Just adding or deleting a touch of one changes it. And of course you beautiful writing adds so much!!

How the shower coming along??

Sandi said...

oh these are wonderful. Hugs

Chloe said...

Hey there Lori!

Thankyou soo much for your sweet comment on my blog (^_^)

I've never really appreciated the colour grey untill now! It's incredible how many shades you can make and the depths they create...

I'd really like to try this myself.. maybe with ink :o)

Chloe x

Shelley Malone said...

Wow, I didn't know it was possible for grey to pop off the page like that! These are both gorgeous.

rachel awes said...

pretty presto!

Pat said...

These look amazing!

Beedeebabee said...

These are so pretty Lori, so soft looking, and I love your lettering too! We're so lucky to have found you Sweetie Pie! Hugs, Paulette xoxo

Catherine Langsdorf said...

I would like to add my vote that these are delightful pieces - simple can be so elegant! Thanks for sharing.

aimee said...

your greytones look just as beautiful as your vivid ones! and i love your pocket idea in the above post!

Staci Danford said...

Youe BACK n BLACK work is just wonderful.. Maybe you've found a new "thing"....
Staci

Jane Farr said...

I am loving your grey work Lori! These pages are beautiful. I admire your shading and OF COURSE your terrific lettering! :)

Lisa Holtzman said...

Wow, I'm loving this Lori. Even without the color, your wonderful whimsical style comes through. I LOVE this lettering!!

julie king said...

loving the use of grey, lori! even using only this one color your art is amazingly bright and happy.

Erica said...

Delicious! The lack of color really draws you in ... elegant ... like a b&w photograph does. The design is just delightful!

Veggiemuse said...

I love the simple detail in these...whimsical with out being over done. Crisp and clean...beautiful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...