Saturday, February 6, 2010

a heart full of hope


my sweet bloggy friend sophia over at blue chair diary is following her heart by creating a new line of jewelry for her etsy shop.....and a portion of the proceeds will go towards charities for national domestic violence and child abuse. unfortunately, sophia knows first hand what it's like to grow up in a house filled with abuse, and i admire her courage as an adult to shed the unhappiness of her youth and look forward to each new day ahead.
i was honored to help her with some artwork to represent her new pendants.......and since i gave her more than one option, she's asking for our help in deciding which design to use! head on over here to see the other designs and read more about her very worthwhile project. and don't forget to vote for your favorite design (the ballot is in the sidebar of her blog)!
thanks for your help....have a great weekend!!



18 comments:

Mary said...

Lori you did a wonderful job with these. Can you guess which I picked!! :)

Tara said...

Oh Lori that is too cute. Going to head over and check it out my friend.
Hugs,
Tara

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Thank you to you and to Sophia for this loving gesture. We all probably know a person who has been abused...but we don't even know it...♥ The strength and perseverance needed to overcome, is great. Hugs and blessings to you. K

WingingIt said...

thank you!!!!!

Pat said...

It was a tough choice since they're all so wonderful...but my vote has been cast. I'm sure the project will be a huge success!

Sara said...

How neat is this?! I'm on my way over to vote! and p.s...i LOVE your latest journals. That bird one is just fabulous! :)

julie king said...

all 4 designs are sweet! i picked the one with the pink heart but it was hard to pick just ONE!! congrats on participating in such a great cause.

Martha Lever said...

Oh my Lori they are all wonderful. I will go and ponder over them one again. Good job!!!!

Kelly Warren said...

Lori, they are ALL awesome! what a wonderful project.

Tara said...

Hey Lori,
I hopped on over to her blog and looked at all 4. It was hard to choose because I liked them all, but I leaned toward the last bird one. Something about it, I just liked better. I told her on her blog that birds represent the Holy Spirit and also "a message", so I thought that one would be very fitting. Looks like it has gotten the most votes so far. Hmmmm...

Debbie said...

I love the bird and I'm heading over to see the other designs. It's sad that so many people suffer from abuse. Thankfully, there are people like you and Sophia that are willing to help!

lissa said...

just stop by from Blue Chair Diary and say hello and what a wonderful thing you have done and the images are wonderful

Jennifer DeDonato said...

I like the bird you created...I will check it out now.

Teresa aka Tess said...

Hi LOri, You did a great job with these designs, of course. I liked them all but vited fr the last one as I like it best.

Jancalligrapher said...

HI, Lori, beautiful artwork. The bluebird is my favorite,

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Sweetie! What a great project! I loved all your designs Lori, but I picked the same adorable little bird you're showing here. I think it's perfect! ... and the first one too, with your signature whimsical border. It was too hard to just pick one! ;) Hugs, Paulette xoxo

Lisa Holtzman said...

Great job Lori and thanks for letting us know about Sophia and her worthy cause.

frutejuce said...

Very good cause to donate to. Good work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...