Tuesday, February 9, 2010

the purple cottage

Art and Dreams Button

my friend kelly over at happy shack is not only a fabulous artist and photographer, she's also a dreamer extraordinaire. for many years she's been dreaming about a place called the purple cottage.....a retreat haven nestled amongst the trees in northeast florida where fellow artists can come together, where creative exploration is encouraged, and where creative rules don't exist.
and now turning dreams into reality, kelly has opened the doors of purple cottage and is inviting us to come and play......and fellow dreamer and bliss follower carmen torbus will be helping out by offering one of her fantastic workshops, Art and Dreams Bound, where she'll show you how to create your very own dream book! mark your calendars now for may 21-23 , because this promises to be a weekend filled with good-for-your-soul-artistic-expression, opportunities to meet new friends, much laughter, and maybe even a little chocolate!
to read more about purple cottage, click here!!


12 comments:

Tara said...

Man, I would love to be able to attend something like that. Don't think my school would appreciate me flying out to Florida before the school year is over though. LOL. I am coming to spend 2 weeks with my cousin in Jacksonville in July. So excited.

Diva Kreszl said...

oh that just sounds heavenly, I can picture myself there right now! they're calling for more snow in our area,ugh!

aimee said...

wish i could be there! what a great team of arty girls!

chrissy said...

isn't it funny how we get around here in blog world?
i swear that kelly is going to be at my next art retreat in los gatos, california.
?
i.m going to go have a peek right this minute.
love your journals.
also,
i love words.
alone or all linked together...

Veronica said...

Ooooo sounds wonderful. Wish I could go. It seems there just arent any art retreats like that around here. Sigh. At least I can get alot of inspiration through this virtual community. Its kind of like an art retreat anyway isnt it - everyone creating and sharing their work, their inspirations, their stories etc. Makes me think i better share some of my art as I haven't done so for ages!

Staci Danford said...

OH my.. I would just love to come.. I can't think of anything much more fabulous than being surrounded by wonderful women and ART..
Staci

Becky Shander said...

Seeing others pursue their dreams is so inspiring. And in this case, following their dreams just happens to be something that will be good for others as well. A win-win situation!

Anonymous said...

The Purple Cottage sounds so inspiring...creativity at it's best. I, too would love to participate in this, but am stuck here in snow country.
Thanks for stopping by my place. Going to see "Alice" would be fun : )

Kelly Warren said...

Lori, thanks so much for such a lovely post about the Purple Cottage and Art and Dreams! You are such an inspiration yourself. :-)

Carmen said...

Thank you so much for helping spread the word Lori! ♥

Wyanne Thompson said...

Kelly and Carmen are the best! Thanks for posting this for them.

Unknown said...

Tell me you are going and I'll be there!
I'm totally serious!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...