Thursday, February 11, 2010

two pockets, two videos



this is the how-to for the pocket cards that i posted yesterday. you can make one of these cards lickety-split using just one piece of cardstock (double-sided works best), and two pieces of coordinating paper. then it's time for some decorating fun.....the sky's the limit!
watch here or watch at you tube




and here's a quick way to decorate a tag that you can tuck into your card pockets. i first saw this distressing technique demonstrated by claudine hellmuth using the ranger distress inks and the blending tool.....tons of fun, and instant art gratification!!
watch here or watch at you tube

i hope you enjoy making these.....and remember, a little chocolate bar fits nicely in those pockets, too!!



14 comments:

Kim Hambric said...

I've bookmarked this for future use! Thanks!

chrissy said...

it was so fun to hear your voice and i needed to make some tags for a few gifts today, so thanks for the tag tutorial.
you are so clever!
happy hearts to you today!
c

Veronica said...

Thanks for the card demo - so easy, but looks so great!

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Sweetie! I LOVE your card, tag AND the video showing us how! I made some cards, but mine are just so pathetic next to yours! ;D Thank you for these really great videos, and all the really cool tips too! (distress inks, corner chomp, monster hole punch..I had no idea!) If you keep making these fun videos, I may just have to switch from felt to paper! Hugs, xoxo Paulette ;D

LR said...

perfect idea to hold a chocolate bar. i'll certainly try it. have an incredible weekend.

Unknown said...

I enjoyed that and will give it a try. Thanks Elvie

Marjorie said...

I'm a collage, calligraphy and watercolorist and never know much about stamping. Thanks for the great info on using Distress Inks!! And love the little holder- maybe good for some ATC's in a smaller size!!

Linda . J said...

Thank you so much for this vidio and I shall be having a go at this, I have added you to my blog list as I do not want to miss any of your fab creations, such a beautiful blog.
Hugs Linda

Patty S said...

that was fun!!!
thanks lori! :-)

tami said...

oh, how much fun!!! You make it look so easy! Guess what I'll be making this weekend!

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

What a great idea, thanks for sharing! Perhaps even I can make those loveliest! Wishing you a Warm & Wonderful V-day.
Saskia

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Love your videos! You are such a joy to watch! :)

Gina Lee Kim said...

These are really fun videos...thank you so much! I thoroughly enjoyed them & can't wait to make my own pockets!

Jane Farr said...

Thank you for the wonderful tutorials Lori, and it was a pleasure to hear your sweet voice too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...