Wednesday, September 1, 2010

doodle mail = doodle happiness

my mail carrier told me recently that he always looks forward to seeing my mail because no one else in the neighborhood receives such great things!!  and when this little gem arrived the other day from my sweet bloggy friend pat over at lost and found, i know it must have really made his day......because it sure made mine!!  pat has the most wonderfully fabulous doodle style, and she skillfully created this mail-art postcard using some of her favorite papers, and then added some of her doodle magic, along with her spectacular letterforms (and i must apologize.....pat did a fantastic job of lettering my address, but for privacy reasons, i've taken parts of it out and left a bit of a tease so you could see how fun and colorful it is!)

and on the back are more of those wonderful papers, a few snippets of fabric, and more of her mouth-watering letters all done up in her make-me-so-happy pat style!
thank you, pat, my little doodle-partner-in-crime......i'm absolutely thrilled to receive this, and i SO appreciate your generosity in sending it to me!!!  xo

you can follow pat's doodle adventures here!!!


16 comments:

Mary said...

oh, oh, oh!! this is wonderful! I must do some mail art!!!

Terri Kahrs said...

Awesome postcard!!! I just LOVE mail art - it always makes my day so much happier!!! Hugs, Terri

Kerri said...

i want to receive mail like that!!! how sweet to take the time to make the outside of an envelop so fancy-

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

Your mail art is certainly inspiring me. I think my mailman needs something this special to put in my mailbox and for me to give him to mail to somebody else. What a great way to make the mailman happy too! he he

Really Lori, I love seeing these photos. so beautiful.

Crystal said...

So, so, pretty!!!!

And it makes perfect sense that you receive such lovely surprises, Lori, because you know what they say...

"Sweets for the Sweet!"

xoxo :-)

Jane Farr said...

So bright and cheerful; it probably cheered every postal worker along its route! cute, cute, cute!

Atticelf said...

Oh how fun! I bought graph paper (to practice my letters :grin:) when buying school supplies. I would love to send things like this. Talk about making somebody's day!

Veronica said...

Isnt that amazing! Its fabulous that the posty gets a bit of joy from your mail too. :)

Pat said...

I can never decide which is more fun--sending mail art or receiving it. But when the receiver is as enthusiastic as Lori then I definitely have to say sending it! Thank you Lori and all your sweet bloggy friends for your kind words. YOU just made my day!!!

Dolores said...

I love art of any kind but mail art is so very special.

Shirley said...

Your post card is awesome. I love the one that you received. I enjoy looking at what you create with your doodles. Everybody is guilty of dooding. I know I do when I am on the phone. Have a great day. Your Missouri Friend

Beedeebabee said...

Oh what a beautiful card, Lori!!!
Pat created quite a special treasure...I'm sure your mail person smiled when he/she got a look at that little gem! xoxo Paulette

Tara said...

Wish I got mail like that! I would enjoy checkin the mail every day! How cute is that.
hugs,
tara

Staci Danford said...

How cute.. Wish I could fit in your mail box.
Staci

Patty S said...

awwwwwww. that is sooo neat! we should start a mail art revolution. i think it would brighten a lot of people's days!!!

Eden said...

Lori, too funny that your mailman get you so!! I guess it can get pretty boring with all those white and manila envelopes!! Love this....now I gotta go check Pat out!!!

This is inspiring me to just start doodling up envelopes to friends and family now!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...