Wednesday, April 13, 2011

vita-happiness


  i discovered several months ago that i need to eat dairy-free and gluten-free if i want to be a healthy person......and it hasn't been so easy changing my culinary habits.  sometimes a girl just wants a toasted cheese sandwich to get things right again. 
{thankfully, lindt makes a dark chocolate bar with no milk.....or i'd really be in trouble!}
so, if you thought you heard mysterious-jumping-up-and-down-squealing-with-excitement-woo-hoo noises earlier this afternoon, that was just me after seeing the ups man leave this on my front doorstep! 



the other night, qvc had the vitamix as their special value of the day, and since i've had my eye on it for quite a while, well, one thing led to another, and well, you know how easy late night shopping can be.   of course, it's a really big investment......and will most likely be my birthday/Christmas/anniversary present for the next ten years......but now i'll be able to put healthy, preservative-free whole foods in my body (i can make my own almond flour with this thing!).  and it's such a luxury to have this i almost feel like i should put it out on display on the dining room buffet.  heeheehee


click here to see everything that this little baby can do.......it's so much more than just a blender!



12 comments:

Eden said...

Lori, sounds like you've birthed another child...you better name "it", cuz he/she is going to be getting a lot of use. I wish you all the best in your gluten free eating....NOW that would be hard for me, I'm a sucker for "walk up and eat out of the box"....I'm bad!! You go girl :D :D

Kim said...

I shouldn't have look the video! My blender just passed away... it's really tempting!

presious said...

My goodness, Lori, that is awesome! That is something all of us should be doing! It's so healthy. Gheez! Makes me feel guilty! I'm a sweet stress eater, not good at all!

I'm inspired. Can't say I will purchase one of these puppies,but I am inspired lol!

Shirley said...

Hi Lori, I know about your diet because of having one on a gluten free diet. It is learning to cook over for sure. Where do you get the Lendt candy? I got sent some in a giveaway and I can't find it in our area unless I am not looking in the right store. I enjoyed the chocolate so very much. Have a great day and enjoy that new blender. Your Missouri Friend.

Jaffro said...

Bon Appetit!

LuckyDog said...

How cool!!

Mary said...

I had an intake of breath when I read "dairy-free" I though oh no, what is Lori gonna do about chocolate??

Glad you found an alternative!!

How do dark chocolate chip cookies taste made with almond flour?? :)

Sara said...

Looks like a fun toy! Oh the delicious things you will be able to make! :)

mama bleu said...

how cool is that!!

Cathy Bueti said...

Lori I have had a vitamix for years now and love it! What a great machine!! I have no doubt you will love yours! Hears to healthy smoothies!! :)

Coleen said...

Lori, I have an old vitamix too. They are marvelous. I'm following here now. Hope you'll follow on my blog as well.
We are American missionaries in Ukraine and I teach srapbooking here.
I also do art journaling.

Coleen
www.vintageterrace2.blogspot.com

Croftsy said...

the vitamix rocks i saw this in action when sergei boutenko came to town and made a "green" juice for us yummo. All the books by the boutenko are for raw food recipes etc www.RawFamily.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...