Thursday, April 9, 2009

know life


i thought i'd share one of my most recent books with you today.  this blank journal is covered with linen book cloth and bound using a 6-needle coptic stitch.  the quote on the front is actually a clear sticker that i've had forever, and i burnished it onto one of the decorative papers that i used inside the book.  then, i inset it onto the front cover to help keep it protected.  i think that these papers have a little bit of a 60's vibe...you can see more photos here!

10 comments:

deb did it said...

Hi Lori,

I stumbled upon your blog from Stacis...you seem familiar to me...I think we met in Florida at an art doll workshop? check my my blog to see if this is so...I am member of The Weavers Guild and visit my mom often in Merritt Island. Your books are wonderful.

Julie Bagamary said...

Wow- I wouldn't have thought the cover design is a sticker! Nice book.

Alisa said...

I love homemade books, yours are beautiful

Martha Lever said...

I love this Lori. The cover is great--it's beautiful. Have a happy Easter! ox

Kelly Warren said...

very fun! i love how you put the printed papers showing in the spine. :-)

Teresa aka Tess said...

Groovy!!

Heather said...

very beautiful!
hey, maybe I'll see you at collage camp!~

noodle and lou said...

beeeeeautiful Lori! Happy Easter:)
xox...jenn

Jody said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog! Your books are amazing! Such attention to detail!

Jennifer DeDonato said...

cool beans journal...thanks for my cards! They are super cute!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...