Wednesday, April 1, 2009

back to the books

i've been so excited by my stamp carving lately that i've missed sharing some of my new journals with you!  this first one is a revisit to some of my favorite "circles on blue" fabric...you can see the first book using this fabric here.

and, this journal may not look like much....but, that's because it's been left blank intentionally! created especially with the artist in mind, this blank journal is filled with 140 lb. cold press watercolor paper, and the covers were finished with arches textwove paper...perfect for most wet and dry media.  and, the binding is a 4-needle coptic stitch, so the book will lay completely flat while you're creating your next masterpiece!  you can see more photos and information about both of these books here in my etsy shop!

also, there's still time to put your name in the hat for my give-away...click here to leave a comment before thursday, midnight!

6 comments:

PrairiePeasant said...

The blue fabric is very organic--it reminds me of tree rings and cell biology--and looks great on your journal. I'd love to see what someone does with the blank journal! Arches text wove is such a beautiful paper to paint or write on.

Martha Lever said...

I am loving that blank watercolor journal, Lori. I love the way it lays flat. I just might have to have one. I bet it will sell in your Etsy site.

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Lori! Your journals are always so charming. I love your blank journal idea too!

And you are always too cute when you come to visit! Have fun stitching! :)

Creative Blessings,
Lisa

julie king said...

still loving the blue circles fabric and the blank journal is a great idea!! you are such a prolific artist! me, i am mostly a procrastinator these days. lol

Michelle (aka mybelle101) said...

Love BOTH of these, Lori! I actually saw the 'blank' one (or 'clean slate', as I like to think of it) earlier this week and was drooling over it...but it looks like it's gone now! I love that they lie flat when open!

Love that blue fabric journal also...the design is fabulous, and I love the 'extras' that you put into it. So fun!

Carol Sloan said...

Hey! That is like my book! I'm loving it too. I'll have to take some pictures and post them. I did post some of my larger journal pages on my blog to share...thank you for my book Lori!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...