Sunday, November 22, 2009

inspiration monday


it's Thanksgiving week here in America, and it's no secret to those who know me that i'm certainly inspired by food. i love every aspect of preparing a good meal.....and it's so much fun to think of my kitchen as a culinary studio! the peeling, chopping, and shredding of the ingredients is really no different than mixing paints, threading needles, or sharpening pencils. the stirring, sauteeing and seasoning of the food is much like the painting, sewing or drawing of a piece of artwork. the aromas of a dish setting up the anticipation of it being served, is likened to the beating of our hearts when we see our artwork coming to fruition. and the sharing of our meal with others is certainly no different than the thrill of offering a much-labored-over masterpiece to a loved one. whether we're cooking or crafting, we're creating from the heart.....and what could be better than that?!


16 comments:

walther said...

the plate is your canvas
the cup carries the energy
the glass contains fine wine
the spoon has some caviar
the bread proudly displays pate
the platter holds chateaubriand
the ramekin a bit of creme brulee

the soul holds the love...

Debbie/ Prairie Emporium said...

Happy Thanksgiving Lori. Your 1st Thanksgiving in you new home, hope it is wonderful. Happy cooking!!!

Carol Sloan said...

Happy Thanksgiving Ms. Lori! I'm lovin' your blog - always so insprational.

Lauren Maurer said...

Perfect inspiration for a Thanksgiving week Monday!

Sara said...

You've got that right! Food is art, and food nourishes the soul..just as art does. Happy Thanksgiving, Lori! Hope it is delicious and wonderful! :) xoxo

Gina Lee Kim said...

Can I come over Lori?

Beedeebabee said...

What a sweet post Lori! I'll bet everything you cook up is just perfectly yummy! Food always tastes better when the cook puts her heart into cooking it up! .... Don't you just love Ina? Hugs, ;)

Kim Hambric said...

The cooking gene bypassed me completely. I'm lucky to be married to someone who has that gene. Enjoy your cooking and have a happy Thanksgiving.

LR said...

cooking is something i am still working on, but you have my favorite recipe book (Barefood Contessa). have a wonderful thanksgiving.

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Let me know what you think of that book titled "Rebound". I have it in my wish list on Amazon...

Martha Lever said...

I love this post! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving,Lori. I am thankful for you!

Patty S said...

yum to art!
yum to a good meal!
yum yum yum!!!!! :-)

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

I know you put love into everything you do. Happy Thanksgiving, lori! ♥ I am thankful for you.

Jancalligrapher said...

I love how you mixed up pens and cookbooks. So creative! Your photos are so great. Thanks for always being so supportive, my friend.

Debbie said...

Love your post Lori. Have a Happy Thanksgiving! (I also have a Giada cookbook, and love it!)

Alexandra MacVean said...

I wish you THE best Christmas in your brand new home. Look...we're both celebrating Christmas in our new homes. I know mine is still a bit bare, but I am thankful that I have a place to sleep (and my job), even if my couch is falling apart! :)

Even though I have no family or friends here, I do hope that Santa will make his way to my little place and leave me at least one package of art supplies,as I had to leave so much behind relocating here. It really is heart-breaking sometimes.

BUT AGAIN, I am thankful I have my life, a car, my job, a roof over my head, my puppy, my talents, and a love to share with someone one day. :)

Big hugs! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...