Wednesday, December 10, 2008

circles on blue

one of the first journals i put in my etsy shop was made using fabric like this...except the background was yellow.  the construction is basically the same as my other journals, so i decided to do something a little different on the front.  well, actually, it was by necessity, because my wood buttons were a little too small, so i backed them with a flattened bottle cap and it worked out pretty well.  boy, i sure do love those "happy accidents"...and i sure do wish they happened more often!  :)

5 comments:

Martha Lever said...

This one is really great! The calligraphy girls want you to do a workshop for them in the new year. It will be fun. They are willing to put lettering in it. More willing than I am! oxoxo

Teresa aka Tess said...

I like the buttons backed with bottle caps. This is a pretty book, very nice! :-)

noodle and lou said...

So cute!! I love the bottle caps with the buttons!! Hooray for happy accidents indeed:) xox..jenn

spencer said...

Wow, I really like this book! Great job!

julie king said...

very nice! i particularly like the long stitches on the spine! it looks like we all need to start collecting bottle caps for our own happy mistakes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...