Sunday, December 7, 2008

inspiration monday


it's the most wonderful time of the year.  inspiration is all around us.  the craft magazines are filled with great "make-it-yourself"  gift ideas, and martha stewart is a never-ending source of decorating enthusiasm.  and to be honest, if i'm not careful, i tend to get  "inspiration overload", mainly because i have a million ideas on my to-do list, and i want to do them all...by tomorrow.  
so when i start feeling that twang of overwhelm, i step back and do something totally traditional.  and tonight that means a good ol' bing crosby movie and some popcorn, not just for eating, but also for stringing.  it's time to decorate the tree, and this year i'm inspired to borrow from my childhood and do it the old-fashioned way.   what's old is new again...who knew that orville redenbacher could provide so much inspiration?

3 comments:

Teresa aka Tess said...

Oh I love Bing Crosby movies and White Christmas was one of my favorites. I learned to love him while watching those movies with my mom or aunt. My youngest daughter asked for a DVD of old traditional Christmas movies this year. I found it at Target a 3 disc set, I want to keep it myself but wrapped and labele it quick for her. I haven't strung popcorn for the tree in ages. I'm afraid my cats would try to eat it. LOL
Thanks for the fun and inspirational post.

spencer said...

I love your new banner at the top of your blog! Sue and I decorated my house last night and Christmas is definately here!

Martha Lever said...

Sounds like a very fun and relaxing night. Love ole Bing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...