Tuesday, December 2, 2008

online journal class - week four

would you believe that the cover of this journal started out as a paper bag?!  this is the fourth project in my online journal class with sue bleiweiss.  the wrap-around construction is similar to that of our project from week one, but this time instead of using fabric for the cover, sue taught us a technique using a brown paper bag.  and it seems that not all paper bags are alike...i used a lunch sack because it's a little lighter in weight, but i think that next time i'll use some of that brown craft paper on a roll (the type that's used to wrap packages).  it's much heavier in weight and it would be interesting to see the difference in the two journals.
for the inside cover, i used a piece of decorative paper that has a collage of postage stamps all over it.  i also wrapped a smaller piece of handmade paper around each of the three signatures, just to give it a little interest.  just like my other projects with sue, this was a fun book to put together.  i'll keep you posted on my next journal! 

6 comments:

Teresa aka Tess said...

Oh I love this, especially the inside, collaged stamps. Wow, I have been saving postage stamps off mail for almost a year now. NOW I know what to do with them, make my own collaged postage stamp paper. Your journal is very interesting. I like the wrap around style. And I can't believe that is brown paper. It looks like leather. Love it!!!!

Julie Bagamary said...

The brown paper cover is wonderful. I recently found some name brand on a roll made to wrap packages for a dollar at the Dollar Tree.

Chandan said...

that's neat... you make the most wonderful things.

Martha Lever said...

Oh my goodness, Lori!! How great is this! Ok, looks like an art du jour get together!!

lori vliegen said...

thanks everyone for your nice comments! :)

Doda said...

what a gorgeous journal. Shame the PC can't give you touchability, cos the texture looks so interesting on this, I'd love to touch it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...