Friday, October 28, 2011

batfun


i'm a real scaredy cat when it comes to halloween, and i've always enjoyed the more playful side of the holiday.  so as i was cutting out this martha stewart bat template, i started wondering if bats are scaredy cats like me.......and just how do bats go about having some fun?!




do they all meet in the belfry at twilight on saturday nights for a super fang-tastic boo-bash?





or maybe they get into the spirit of things by playing several rounds of batty-cake, batty-cake.




of course, it would be positively de-fright-ful to then head out to their favorite java house for a quick coffin-break......although too much caffeine could have them all going batty.
well, whatever they decide to do, i'm sure they all have a hair-raising, howling good time!

:))

sending you bugs and hisses, and many good witches
for a spook-tacular weekend!!
(okay, since i'm so bats about you, i'll stop with the bad puns now!  heeheehee)

{i had a frightfully good time creating these batty-bats using
martha stewart's bat template, scissors, black card stock, scrapbook papers,
micron pens, metallic pens, charcoal chalk ink pad, uni posca paint marker,
uniball signo white gel pen}




14 comments:

Mary said...

Lori i think you must have creativity oozing out of every single pore of yours!! i love these...and you!!

xxoo

Eulalia said...

Your bats are very witty!! I feel like to celebrate Halloween.
Have a great week end Lori.
xoxoxo Eulalia from Italy

Anonymous said...

eeEEEKKKKKKKKKKK, SUPER cute bats!!! (never thought I would be saying those words!!!LOL) so cute.....

Createology said...

My dear you have gone completely batty and the fun you are having is delightful. Happy Haunting...

Atticelf said...

Hee-hee...what fun!

Bridget said...

what cute and whimsical bats!! I just bought my first white signo gel pen. You have inspired me to play with it:)

Margaret said...

Hehe! You are such a delight in this drab and dreary world lol
Margaret xx

shawn said...

Very cute! And definitely brings a smile :)

jgr said...

Fright-fully cute bats, and I liked your puns, too!
Happy Halloween to you.

Jeanette said...

Lori! For goodness sake, these are THE cutest bats and IloVe the puns, delightful. You are amazing. You too have a spooktacular weekend. xoxo, Jeanette

Charmingdesigns said...

Those are soooo cute. I signed up for your class over at Creative workshop. Is there a supply list? I'm heading to Dick blicks tomorrow.

Unknown said...

These are so great!! I love them!
I must try this:))

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Thanks for the smile as I BATtle this sore throat Saturday, lori! K

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Holy Batbreath my dear,,don´t let Robin see them.......verrrry coooool bats!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...