Wednesday, October 12, 2011

hands and hearts


ever since i made this fabric tape, i've been wanting to use it on a page in my journal.  
so i decided to snip a piece of each tape (i cut the floral tape into a triangle shape).......




and glued the pieces into my journal in the shape of a house. 
then, using my microns,  i wrote out a little quote to go with it.
but, when i finished, it definitely didn't look "done" to me.




so i added some watercolor to the page, along with some doodle marks on the house to
give it more definition and jazz it up a bit.  
i think it still looks like something's missing, though......




because sometimes when you work on something, it's not complete until
you add that final element......that perfect "finishing touch".......




and then you know without a doubt that, yes......now it's done!


{thank you from the top, middle, and bottom of my heart 
to all of you who signed up for my letterLAB cursive class!!  xoxox}


{journal page created using fabric tape, micron pens, pencil,
koi watercolor, waterbrush, glue stick, elvie heart-in-hand}




26 comments:

Doda Smith said...

what a lovely page you've made!

Martha Lever said...

I am putting my eyeballs back in as I write this! SO adorable!!!! I am off to Michaels. YAY!

Lana Manis said...

Ooooh this is adorable! I love anything with hearts and hands (and houses). :)
You're doing a class? I must have missed it! I'll go check your other posts....

Sharon said...

Oh my word ... that is lovely!!!

Janie Husband said...

so, so, soooo cute...i need to make some tape now...funny thing is, i have a large roll of the brown packing tape "somewhere"....

sUz said...

perfect!xOx,sUz :)

Cynthia Schelzig said...

This is perfect! Such a sweet house.
I was on vacation and missed the post about a class....I am off to check it out....I want to take it toooooo:)

Anonymous said...

This is just darling....I love your little house stamped with your iconic symbol! And the quote is just perfect.

Ciao Bella
Creative Carmelina

Unknown said...

It's not just done - it's perfectly perfect.

I really would love to make some time to make 'your' tape I have lots of scraps

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

And you always know that finishing touch when you see it! Wonderful Lori!
hugs
Gail

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Ahh..only YOU my sweet friend, could take random pieces of material and create such heart-felt art!I love this..and can. not. wait. until. November!!

pearshapedcrafting said...

So beautiful - again! Love the colours, love the tape, love.....everything! Chris

rachel awes said...

you please my hand
& heart & i place
my hand over yours
& send my great
pitter patter beat
for all your
gorgeousness!! xox

LuckyDog said...

How perfect is that final touch!!
Thanks for showing us all the steps, too. Cool, cool, cool. XOXO, Donna

Createology said...

Very Heart Felt Home. Your completed page is truly YOU! Warm and wonderful Wednesday to you...

Tara said...

always love your creations!

hugs...

Clare said...

Such Gorgeousness!!!

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

Perfect...love it:)

Diane said...

I love seeing the progression of a page. It's funny but I always love the first one and then I am stunned by each addition and I am thoroughly satisfied with the finished work. Great - more inspiration.
:d

Margaret said...

A wonderful work of art. You continue to amaze me with your talent
Margaret xx

Andria said...

Sweet page...I love how you used your fabric tape, and as always, your lettering is beautiful!

linda said...

Beautiful! Always a pleasure to see your work :P

Eulalia said...

What a beautiful thought!
In your language there are two words to express the difference between "a lot of bricks" (house) and "family" (home). Wonderful! I say you: "In my home there's my heart!!!"
A bunch of thanks Elvie.
P.S. Sorry for my "fanciful" English... I hope you understand me !!
xxooxxoo Eulalia from Italy

Dymphie said...

perfect!

Claire M said...

Simply Wonderful!!

Alexandra MacVean said...

Awwwww...ADORE this one, Elvie. I need to make me one and hang it above my desk to go with my newly found inspiration. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...