Saturday, May 16, 2009

flower power


 i think that gardeners are some of the most creative people around....they have a true understanding of design, texture and most of all, color.  i absolutely love to work with my hands, and that includes moving some dirt around in the garden, pulling weeds, and especially planting flowers.  but, to my disappointment, the closest thing that i'll ever get to having a green thumb is to paint one on myself.  i think that i have a tendency to "over nurture" (i.e. if i add some more water, maybe it will grow faster) and i'm not sure that i have the patience that's required to be a master gardener.  so, when the idea for this little book popped into my head, i thought it may just be the perfect compromise....a colorful little garden full of happy flowers...and i didn't even have to get dirt under my fingernails!
you can find more images and information about this book here in my etsy shop.

12 comments:

PrairiePeasant said...

This is beautiful Lori! You always add such wonderful details to make your books so special.

shiborigirl said...

I love this - it reminds me of the late '60's (oops! Now you know how OLD I am!). Power to the Flower, Baby!

Hugs,

Kate

Dolores said...

I'm so glad you don't let the fact that you are not a gardener get in the way of your creativity. I like how you ended up dealing with the issue. I try to do as little as possible in the yard.

sara said...

I Love this book!!! CUTE.

Gina Lee Kim said...

Lori, my husband = green thumbs; me = plant murderer. We can't be everything! I absolutely LOVE how you hug/incorporate pretty paper with each book-binding signature.

walther said...

go green:
harvest your talents
let etsy be your market

sorry i ca n nor be at the grand opening

walther said...

let me re-phrase:
i cannot be at the grand opening

julie king said...

so cute! love the orange and green color combination! someone will snap this up quickly!!

Martha Lever said...

Love this on---and I so agree about the green/brown thumb thing--if I want flowers I have to paint them! Enjoyed seeing you at the opening--it was fun.

Staci Danford said...

There is just something about even the word FLORAL that tickles your soul.. Flowers can't help but make us all break out in a smile..
Staci

spencer said...

I'm a big fan of this one!

Anonymous said...

i ADORE this journal...you are way beyond talented, my sweet friend :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...