Thursday, May 21, 2009

it's a mary kind of day

                

it's been raining here since sunday.  that's four full days of overcast skies and rain blowing up against the window.  normally, i love this type of weather...i nest...and it's a great excuse to be in the studio.  but after four days, the novelty wears off a bit,  i'm tired of bad hair days, and i'm ready for a little sunshine.  i'm ready for a little laughter.  i'm ready for a little mary...mary tyler moore, that is.  she's perfect for a day like today...after all, who can turn the world on with her smile....who can take a nothing day and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile (are you singing with me?).  when i was a kid, i used to love to watch her show.  she always wore great clothes, had great friends, and oh my goodness, her apartment was spectacular!  i grew up wanting a wooden letter "M" hanging on my wall, and i don't even have an "M" in my name!  her life wasn't perfect, and that's what made her so much fun to watch.  it was the early 70's at its very best and today is the perfect day for some laughs and a little trip down memory lane.  i'm off to pop one of the dvd's in the machine...and maybe a batch of chocolate chip cookies in the oven!

5 comments:

Teresa aka Tess said...

If you'll share your cookies I'll watch with ya. I loved that show too. And I loved her friend Rona (spelling). Great memories and glad your laughing through the rain.

spencer said...

The clip is quite entertaining; if only interviews could be like that nowadays....

Oh I remember back when buying a gallon of gasoline was 4 cents!

julie king said...

thanks, lori, for this fun little romp down memory lane. it did make me smile and laugh a little, too. adore mary's outfit, especially the belt and i have (fond??) memories of wearing knee socks and short skirts.

hope some sunshine glows your way very soon!!!

thank you tons for purchasing an art print form my shop!! hugs to you for making MY day!!

Martha Lever said...

I think you had a lovely day! I wanted that M too--and for good reason!!! Oh how I loved Mary, and Rhoda and Phyllis and the other ditsy one--what was her name? I don't remember--was it Sue Ann?

Anyway thanks for the memories--:)

shiborigirl said...

Oh, Lori,

Thank you for the full-out belly laugh. It's the first in days. I used to love to babysit when I was a teenager, because that was the only way I got to watch Mary, and The Partridge Family. Thanks for the memories!

And thank you so much for the sweet comment you left on my last blog post. It helped a lot...

xoxo,

Kate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...