Saturday, May 9, 2009

garden of the heart

"My mother kept a garden, a garden of the heart. She planted all the good things that gave my life its start.  She turned me to the sunshine and encouraged me to dream, fostering and nurturing the seeds of self-esteem.  And when the winds and rains came, she protected me enough, but not too much because she knew i needed to grow strong and tough.  Her constant good example always taught me right from wrong.  Markers for my pathway that will last a lifetime long.  I am my mother's garden.  I am her legacy, and I hope today she feels the love reflected back from me. "  author unknown

wishing you a wonderful weekend, and a beautiful Mother's Day!!  :)

10 comments:

Martha Lever said...

Oh I love this, Lori!

ALSO---thanks SO much for the pics of my show at Reddi Arts! It looks good! Can't wait to see both shows. Rynda did a great job. Be home tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

so beautiful....just like YOU!

happy mommy's day, sweet friend!

Jennifer DeDonato said...

just wonderful!

Gina Lee Kim said...

I love the poem's garden imagery. The cultivation of our hearts to celebrate Happy Mum's Day. On another surreal note: I also chose a tiny image of a white daisy to go on my blog banner (launched yesterday)! We think in the same creative wavelength, Lori.

Staci Danford said...

What a wonderful group of Yummy words.. To have a great mom only inspires us to be one ourselves.. Thank you for sharing that..
Staci

Jancalligrapher said...

I love that mother poem. Your mom did a great job with you that's for sure. You are the nicest person. Thanks for all the encouraging comments on my art blog. More from Washington

shiborigirl said...

Beautiful!

Kate

julie king said...

i've never read that poem, lori, but i am so loving it!! thanks for sharing and for all the wonderful words i get to read here. you are truly an inspiration!!

happy mother's day!

Martha Lever said...

Hi, Lori. I'm home!! Happy Mother's Day!

Look at the swirl design with the dots in the center of this flower. God is so awesomely creative!!

Lauren Maurer said...

You always have just the right thing to say, Lori!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...