Friday, May 8, 2009

letters for bobbi

i spent the morning helping my friends rynda (she made this fabulous signage!) and denice hang the artwork for our calligraphy exhibit in remembrance of bobbi yoffee.  this exhibit features the calligraphic works of eight different lettering artists who knew and loved bobbi.  and, i must admit that after seeing all of our works hanging on the wall, it's clear that we're all still very much inspired by her as well!  it's a beautiful exhibit, and if you happen to be in the jacksonville area, the show continues through june 3 at the JCA, located on san jose boulevard.  our opening reception will be on sunday, may 17th from 3:30-5:00....if you'd like to stop by and say hi, we'd love to see you!
you can read more about bobbi and view a piece of my exhibit artwork here.

7 comments:

Gina Lee Kim said...

Such sweet collaboration and very touching. What a way to honor and remember someone special...

Teresa aka Tess said...

You ladies are all so awesome for remembering your friend this way. I do hope you will be able to show us more pictures of the displays in the future. I'd be there opening night if I could as I know this will be a wonderful and creative exhibit.

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

Hi Lori! We live pretty close to JCA. I'll come up and say "Hello" for the opening. Can't wait to meet you!

lori vliegen said...

oh, how fun cristi!! i'll wear my beautiful necklace so you'll recognize me!! :)

Jane Farr said...

Lori, this is truly a wonderful and inspiring way to honor your friend. I hope Bobbi's family will be able to view the exhibit.

PrairiePeasant said...

Such a meaningful way to remain connected to a special friend and with those who knew her. I'd be there for the opening if I was closer! :(

Susan said...

A friend in Jax told me about this exhibit - thanks, Lori and all who contributed. I was blessed to know Bobbi and had my eyes opened to wonderful creative possibility through her workshops. The love you put into your calligraphic art tribute shines through for all the world to see. Wish I'd seen the whole exhibit in person!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...