Thursday, July 29, 2010

doodle candy

what is it about crossing the threshold of your favorite office supply store? those automatic doors swing open, you walk in , breathe deep, and you can almost hear the angels sing. to me, the smell of vinyl notebook covers, paper pulp and printer's ink is almost as intoxicating as walking into a candy store (emphasis on the word almost......). i could spend an entire afternoon there, and sometimes i do......but i wonder if it's getting excessive when the cashier at register number three knows you by your first name.....or when people start asking you if you work there....

so during my last office supply adventure i found myself once again lingering in the pen and pencil aisle, but this time over on the side where all of the highlighters are.....and i brought a pack of these bic bright-liner highlighter pens home with me (i'm calling them "high-liner" pens for short)! they have a chunky chisel edge, so you can make fat marks, or use the tip to make skinny marks with them. the colors are pure happiness.....and i think that playing with them in my journal will be too!

i found my pack at staples, you can view them here

p.s. if you haven't already, there's still time to put your name in the hat for my blogpost celebration giveaway......you can do that here!
comments close at midnight (eastern standard time) tonight and i'll announce the winner tomorrow!!


20 comments:

Eden said...

Ahhhh, snuck those uber-cool readers in again, you sneaky girl!

I adore hi-lighters however I used to have so many around here, all opened then when I really needed one, it was open and dried out! Is it just me or is there a trick to keeping them moist so they can last longer?

Diva Kreszl said...

oh I have been known to do some seroius damage in Staples...I know I will be there soon enough to get school supplies for my son so I'll be sure to put these markers on my list!

Beedeebabee said...

I just love all your different lettering styles, and your words look so pretty in those yummy new marker colors! ... You must be so much fun to shop with...you're too funny, Lori! xo Paulette

Mary said...

oh, oh, oh!!! I love office supply stores!!!!!

I have never thought to us hi-lighters in my journal!!!!

And, I have a coupon for Staples!!!
Yippee!!!!!

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

Love highlighters too and the pen aisle at any office supply store. I don't think I've ever found watercolor paper there. Have you?

Gina Lee Kim said...

I just bought these last week....oh dear, this is scary.

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

That's it. I'm off to the office supply store. can't stand it. back-to-school supply time with sales is wonderful, isn't it?! I need tracing paper anyway, so there's my excuse for NEEDING to go.

Lancerika said...

Dear Lori, you would probably go through withdrawal syndrome here.
The nearest 'doodle candy' store is at least 2 hours away in Asheville NC.
However if you want a forest,that we have...
Thank you for your kind words regarding my post.
Erika

Nancy said...

Well if I needed an excuse to go to the office supply store, I have one now....Thanks for the tip.....

Dymphie said...

pretty Lori lettering, always a joy to look at :)

Patty S said...

too funny! i think i may have heard those angels too! lol
have fun playing with your new *toys*!!!
xoxoxo :-)

Kerri said...

i am forever in search of the perfect pen/marker!!! i love it when i find a good one!

:)

Alexandra MacVean said...

Oh, I TOTALLY know what you mean there....ahhh, I'm not even standing in front of the automatic doors at the moment and I can STILL smell all of those goodies!!! :) Tee hee

Linda said...

Hi Lori, I purchased the same exact highlighters a couple of months ago and never used them. Now that you reminded me of that, and I see the lucious colors on paper, I'm going to pull them out and play.... Linda E.

Martha Lever said...

Highlighters!!! I love them and I think I do have some. I love how they glow...and I got so tickled over your description about walking in Staples. I feel like that too when I walk in there....and Michael's...and Hobby Lobby and even Lowes!

Ella said...

I can so relate to this post! I love paper n' pens. When the school supplies come out, I get this excited feeling! I love to linger in this aisle! I had to explain this to my kids. I think they thought I was a little to excited about school supplies. They thought I was ready for them to go back to school. I explained to them my love of crayola, colored markers, pens n' paper. They now know, what I'm like and that I have my own stash. lol
I totally get this obsession, I mean love ;-D

elisa said...

really feel the same. When I go into a supermarket I always end up in the office section. I am addicted to notebooks and colored pens.
I think we're turning into a maniacal old women.

Thanks for sharing

Kisses from Spain

Sarah Anderson said...

these look yummy! I love pens, paper, office supplies... glad to hear I'm not the only one lol! What is it about them? Art stores are the same. I can feel peace descending as I step through the doors :)

Sarah Anderson said...

ps love your lettering :)

LR said...

i thought about you today while at the art supply store. i saw what some "dry highlighter pencils." have you seen these? have a great weekend dear friend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...