Wednesday, August 10, 2011

the mousie and the mushroom


for the past several weeks, my bloggy friend ludid has been reflecting on several pieces of artwork that she created as a child.   her art has helped her remember good times, and challenging times, and it's also helped her to put some perspective on why she creates the way she does as an adult today.
ludid asked me if i had any childhood memories of a favorite piece of art......and my mind wandered back to a little mousie sitting under a red-polka-dotted mushroom.  i hadn't thought about this little guy in a long time.....and as it turns out, i've been carving for a lot longer than i had remembered!

ludid invited me to share some of my thoughts about this little mousie......
you can read them here!
{thank you, ludid, for a wonderful walk down memory lane......it's always fun to reconnect with our inner-child-artist!!}






15 comments:

Patty S said...

what a great story. i enjoyed your interview, too! :-)
your little mousie is adorable and so is his mushroom. xoxo

Barbara England said...

Clearly you are out of your "weird"studio and having fun creating more wonderful art! I love it.

Tara said...

so cute! you are such an inspiration to me. love visiting here.

hugs,
tara

Unknown said...

so very sweet!!

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

I discovered this earlier this morning. What a sweet surprise! You always do such great interviews...because you are so very sweet and special. Loved this story! Kath

Atticelf said...

I love your story. I remember having a thing for using red and purple together when I was in second grade. Isn't that funny what we remember?
Your mouse and mushroom are fabulous and your carvings are really prodding me to try my hand at carving my own stamps. You make it look so fun. Thank you, Lori!

Createology said...

I visited Ludid and read your story. How fun to honor your inner-child and recreate your artwork with this hand carved stamp. Mouse under mushroom is just too cute.

Gifts of Creation said...

very sweet! Thanks for sharing.
Magdalene

Betty Jo said...

How adorable! I used to paint signs on wood, and did one with a mouse under a toadstool with the words Home Sweet Home.

Dymphie said...

such a sweet scene, love how the mushroom leans over the mouse. Lovely memories too, thans for sharing :)

LittleBe. said...

so cute!!!

Nancy Ward said...

wanted you to know I posted a link to your Stamp Carving video.

Nancy Ward
PaperFriendly
http://www.nancywardcrafts.com

Cynthia Schelzig said...

What a sweet mouse and a great story.

Yogi said...

he's such a cute critter.

Unknown said...

What a fabulous story.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...