Saturday, March 21, 2009

Lennon Faith, part 2


this is a simple card that i made to give with the book (see yesterday's post) for sweet little Lennon Faith.  the sheep is easy to put together...here's how i made it:


using a scallop-edge punch (mine is 1-1/4") and a flower punch, cut shapes from scrap pieces of paper.  for the body, i like to use a white linen cardstock, and i think it's fun to use patterned paper for the face and legs.  there's no right or wrong...just whatever you like the best!


next, cut the flower shape across the middle into two pieces.  you'll have one piece with 3 petals and one piece with 2 petals.  then, i used my pastel chalks to soften the edges a bit.  


glue the 3-petal piece on top of the scalloped shape, and the 2-petal piece behind the scalloped shape as shown.  using a marker, add two eyes...and you're finished!

have a great weekend!





12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute Lori!!!! Question for you...what kind and where do you get the pastel chalk set?? It looks awesome!!! Think I feel another shopping spree coming on...lol!!! I haven't done anything with my journal yet, but have it tucked away for when I am ready. I get it out and look at it quite often!!! Love it! Hugs, Sue K

PrairiePeasant said...

That is the sweetest little sheep I have ever seen! Thanks for sharing the how to!

lori vliegen said...

hi sue! the chalk set that i have is the "Pebbles I Kan'dee Pastel Chalk Set". i've seen them at hobby lobby, and possibly michaels. i googled it, and all kinds of links came up...overstock.com has it for $13.99 and $2.95 shipping! i really like using mine!
:)

Gina Lee Kim said...

Hi Lori, your blog is beautiful and this sheep segment is super cute & charming. I'll be baa..baa...back to visit (so sorry; I couldn't resist the pun).

Martha Lever said...

TOO CUTE!!!!!Love the tutitorial.I'm impressed! Make sure you are keeping track of these pictures and tutitorial explanations. Never know, you might be published one day! Move over Donna Downey!

julie king said...

it's delightful and i love how you showed how to do it. i've had a busy week and no time to blog. i'm so enjoying catching up with you today!

Anonymous said...

I love sheep! This is so cute it makes my teeth hurt. It was interesting to see how you made it... so easy and so clever.

Kate

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Lori! Adorable card! You are such a sweet friend! I also love the little accordian book! Thanks for sharing your creativity! Have a wonderful week!

Hugs,
Lisa :)

Jane Farr said...

This is adorable Lori! Thanks for explaining your process. :-)

Michelle (aka mybelle101) said...

Oh my gosh!! That is ADORABLE, Lori! I think I need to go play with my punches...

Anonymous said...

You are SOOOO creative, my friend!! I just love looking at all your wonderful creations. :)

Jessica said...

You are so wonderful!!! Thank you so much for the memorable gifts.

I can't wait for you to meet my sweet little Lennon Faith:)

Much love

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...