Thursday, March 19, 2009

Lennon Faith



a good friend of ours recently gave birth to a sweet little girl named Lennon Faith.  i wanted to make something a little special for her, so i got out all of my paper punches, pastel chalks, glue sticks, scissors, girly scrapbook papers, calligraphy nibs...and made this:


a little accordion style book/card documenting Lennon's birth information....


in the midst of a happy flower garden!


the lettering was done using my favorite calligraphy nib and gouache.  the sunshine, flowers and leaves have been created using paper punched shapes, and i rubbed pastel chalk around the edges.  the little birds were just cut from scrap paper and the grass was drawn in using colored pencil.  some of the flower centers were sewn using embroidery floss.  polka dot chiffon ribbon has been attached to the back of the book and ties in front to keep it closed. 

and now to clean up...see photo number 1! 
click on photos for a larger view




13 comments:

Caythlin said...

Ich bin völlig fasziniert! TOLL!! :-)

Lieben Gruß aus Deutschland

Caythlin

Anonymous said...

What a precious gift!!
You are so talented and generous, my friend. :)

PrairiePeasant said...

That is one fabulous card for a precious little girl!

Jennifer DeDonato said...

You did a really great job...super cute! I love all the pink (can you tell I have boys?)

Martha Lever said...

Oh my gosh, so cute, Lori!! Seriously, you could be famous selling these!! And someone told me something today that touched my heart which SO applies to you too---beautiful heart, beautiful art. Hmmm..wonder what sweet person said that?? :)

Julie Bagamary said...

What a wonderful keepsake!!

Lauren Maurer said...

This little book may be what inspires little Lennon to be an artist herself! Beautiful!

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

It's so precious, Lori!

Autumn Rose Crafts said...

This is just faboulous! I love it :) Sarah x

Kelly Warren said...

very cute, lori! and i LOVE that name!

Teresa aka Tess said...

This is just awesome. I love the colors and design. You ae such a special frined, I am sure she is delighted with it.

noodle and lou said...

Are you KIDDING me Lori!! You have completely amazed me once again! You should take orders for those!! Absolutely precious. And I can't even believe that is what your space looks like when you are punching and cutting paper. It's so neat! Mine instantly looks like the bottom of a landfill when I even glance at paper;)

AND I am in love with the house carving you did! So adorable Lori. Happy weekend:) xox...jenn

Jessica said...

Lori, I absolutely love the book for my little Lennon. It is such a special gift that I will treasure forever. I show everyone that comes over:)

Miss you and Walther so very much!!!

Love, Jess and Lennon Faith

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...