Tuesday, March 3, 2009

life



we had a little bit of rain and a whole lot of cold over the weekend...perfect weather for putting together some new journals!  for this book, i took my cue from the "life" illustration (inset on the front cover), taken from a favorite piece of paper in my beloved stash.  the inside is filled with 70 lb. writing paper and decorative type-font-themed papers hug each signature.  you can see more photos of this journal here!
*hand bound *coptic stitched *linen bookcloth *waxed linen thread 
*70 lb. writing paper

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori, once again you've made a beautiful piece. I love the texture of the cover, and the way you wrapped the edges of the paper in the spine. So much attention to subtle detail.

We have a TON of rain last weekend. The backyard is saturated - I took the dog out to pee yesterday and sank up to my ankles! ICK.

Happy Day...

Kate

Martha Lever said...

LOVE IT!!!!!
Did you see my new toy?

Stacy said...

70 lb paper? How fantastic.

Brenda Heisler said...

Nice. I saw someone make a journal like this on tv. Lots of steps. Very nice.

The new Google Friend Connection is really cool. I like it.

Teresa aka Tess said...

I love the papers added to this one. Well done dear friend, yet again.

PrairiePeasant said...

Very nice! Another fine piece for your shop--I do think you may be undervaluing your hard work a bit though!

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Great journal Lori! You always create lovely pieces. It's raining here is San Francisco too. I love the rain. It always makes me want to create.

Hugs,
Lisa :)

Anonymous said...

I like the modern look mixed with the handmade..so appealing:)

Veronica said...

A little bit of rain can be a great opportunity to get those creative juices flowing. Its a lovely piece. s

Autumn Rose Crafts said...

Really lovely, I love your work! Sarah x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...