Monday, February 2, 2009

inspiration monday

                       

art, art, i want you.
art, you make it pretty hard not to.
and my heart is trying hard here, to follow you,
but i can't always tell if i ought to.

during those times of creative block, you may find yourself repeating that frustrating question, "what is my creative purpose?".  and i believe that part of the answer is found in the word "passion".  if you have a passion for, say, painting, but just can't seem to paint right now, have peace in knowing that you'll paint again when it's the perfect time for you to paint.  it's in you....it's part of who you are.  so, consider this interruption to be a time of rest...we all get a vacation from work, summer is our reprieve from school, and so it goes to expect a break from our artwork as well!  and while you're resting,  you never know when inspiration will strike...i understand that "great ideas come from great bike rides!"  :)

7 comments:

T.Allen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
T.Allen said...

Get outta my head! Actually, in my crafting discontent I have been able to tap into some places within and in my writing that have made the lull worthwhile.

Gifts of Creation said...

Hi! Very nice. I feel that block many times and your words about it were calming. I often have those same questions. Thanks..
Magdalene

Martha Lever said...

Lori, I love this! It's my new theme song. ANd it's so true!

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Lori! What an inspiring video and message! I loved it! The song is perfect and it makes me want to sing along too! Thanks for sharing!

Creative Blessings,
Lisa :)

Anonymous said...

I seem to be in the midst of an "ongoing vacation" from my art. My brain is willing, but when I sit at my studio table, I feel lost... and I leave.

Waiting for Inspiration to strike me with her Arrow...

Hugs,

Kate

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

Oh my! What a wonderful post, video and song. I LOVE IT! Thanks for posting it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...