Monday, February 16, 2009

inspiration monday




i can't think of a better way to become instantly inspired than to be in a room filled with other artists.  and thanks to my sweet little dutch boy giving me a workshop for valentine's day,  i was able to spend the afternoon with some of my favorite people, in my favorite rubber stamp store, doing what i love most...making this fabulous book, taught to us by our friend christy hawkins.   as most of  you know, i don't usually add paint to my work...and, our first activity was to paint the canvas cover.  so, with heart beating rapidly and palms somewhat sweaty, i started to move some paint around and was pleasantly surprised with the results!  of course, this would be a great time to mention that my best buddy martha (who is a fabulous painter!) was sitting next to me and coaching me along the way!  we laughed (i made so many dumb mistakes and had to start over so many times it was crazy!), shared ideas, and had a wonderful time just being creative!  and, martha and i are getting together again this week to start on some art journals!  i'll keep you posted on that...and in the meantime, you can see martha's beautiful journal here!

p.s.  inside this book are 96 tab-like pages, all different sizes.  this was really fun to put together, and i'll be making more of these!  click on the photos for a larger view!

8 comments:

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

Oh Lori! How fun! I wish I would have taken that class too. Your journal looks great!

PrairiePeasant said...

Your journal looks perfect and the painting is fabulous! I love the hardware embellishments! What fun!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, I LOVE this! It feels good to bust out of your comfort zone, doesn't it? Your painted cover is stunning as well as subtle. And those pages... my Dear you are a wonder.

Kate

Michelle (aka mybelle101) said...

WOW! It's gorgeous, Lori!! And I love the different-sized pages...looks like it's all ready to be filled with goodies!! Fabulous ;)

Martha Lever said...

It was so much fun to make this book! Yours is fantastic--love the yummy browns!Now--what to put in it?!

Kelly Warren said...

love this! and love martha's too! so where can i take this class! i haven't been out to small cleverness yet. i live way out on heckscher drive so orange park is a hike! do they have a website of their classe? would love to meet up with you guys for a workshop sometime. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your beautiful message.
Love the latest journal. Looks so old and could go into a real vintage room and can open into a modern way of thinking!

Some kind of courage. said...

this is so cute!
im a crazed girl about journals and notebooks- no joke.
this is unique! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...