Thursday, February 26, 2009

play day

my sweet friend martha invited several of us over to her studio playhouse yesterday to show us how to create some of the fabulous backgrounds that she makes!  this first one is a collage of different papers, and then layers of paint and glazes on top (my scanner is not very "orange friendly"...in person, the colors are more muted than this).

this blue background is much more simple and looks like it's waiting for some hand-lettering.  i'm thinking about using a very opaque white paint for the letters.  now, i just need a great quote...and lots of calligraphic practice time(!)...in order to finish this one.   thanks, martha, for sharing your wonderful studio with us...i had a fantastic time!!  

8 comments:

Carmen said...

LOVE that first one!!!

Martha Lever said...

You did a great job and it was so fun. I am posting the picture tomorrow. Can't wait to see what you do on the blue one! Maybe you can put it in the JCA!!

T.Allen said...

They're gorgeous. That's something I've been wanting to try! I can't wait to see what you do with the blue.

Veronica said...

Lovely textures. I like the orangyness!

Jennifer DeDonato said...

Looks wonderful and fun!

noodle and lou said...

Super beautiful Lori! Wish I could have been there to play too! If only this had been 9 years ago, I would have been right down the street:):)

Catching up on your other posts too. I am in the same "black pants" boat as you!! was just thinking how it's time for some desperate measures;)

happy weekend to ya! xox

Teresa aka Tess said...

Oh my, lucky you. And such pretty backgournds too. Well done.

Anonymous said...

Lori,
Thanks for leaving a comment about my garland. It is really nice in person. I have to start taking day pictures. I will post it again as soon as I make the banner it wraps around. I love your pictures. Did you go to AnLiNa Designs and sign up for one of her giveaways? She is still cleaning out. Your books must be fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...