Tuesday, June 2, 2009

armoire make-over

the excitement, anticipation,  and overwhelm with our upcoming move is starting to set in.  it's time to get serious about nesting in our new house!  one project that's been on my list is giving our computer armoire a make-over...no way am i going to want to take the time to do this after we move in!  at this point, you'll have to pretend that the above photo is of a big brown beast of an armoire (instead of just the drawer) because of course i forgot to take a "before" shot.  thankfully, i did have the presence of mind to get this shot, so you can see the brown is "before" and the creamy white on the front is the "after".


i got it all taken apart...and hopefully will remember where all those screws and such go.  then sanded, primed and gave it two coats of paint....


and voila!  this makes me so jump-up-and-down kind of happy!!  it looks just like something out of one of those pottery barn dreams i keep having!


and the best thing is that when we move, this is ready and waiting to be put in my new studio! yippeee!
note:  i had wonky lighting issues in my garage...for whatever reason, the armoire looks a little darker at the top, but the true color is more towards the middle!

15 comments:

Lauren Maurer said...

You are truly amazing! This came out so lovely! Very Pottery Barn, indeed!

Martha Lever said...

oh WOW--fabu==LOUS!!!! Your studio so going to be so great. I can almost envision it now...after you have lori-ized it. It will be fun just to hang out in there ---which I plan to do!!! We will do some art du jour!!! woo hoo!!!

Jenn said...

LOOKS AWESOME!!! I would love to have that in my craft space!

PrairiePeasant said...

Looks brand new! Say, I have an old oak desk in my garage that needs your TLC.....

shiborigirl said...

Great job, Lori! Furniture always appreciates a makeover, and this pretty armoire is no exception.

When do you move?

xoxo

Kate

Kelly Warren said...

great job, lori! that's some hard work there!

Veronica said...

Well done! That looks like a really useful piece of furniture. Ive got several items - chairs, coffee tables etc that I need to do that to. One day!

Debbie said...

The armoire turned out great! Nice job! :-)

presious said...

Ok, I am so inspired!! I've been wanting to paint my bedroom set since forever! I want it to be a creamy sort of off while. If this is the results, well I need to get started right away!!

Looks like a brand new piece :). Absolutely good job!

julie king said...

it looks brand new and just gorgeous! you have those pottery barn dreams as well? one of my dream jobs is to be the person who gets to go out shopping for all the props they use in the photoshoots for the catalog pages. oh my! and, then of course, they would say "julie, you did such a fantastic job! please let us box all these things up for you so you can take them home for yourself, forever! "

hee hee is there any ONE thing you're not gifted at, my dear bloggy friend?

julie king said...

ok, me again! i was just reading the comment that martha left and i'm green with envy that you two live close enough to hang out together IN THE STUDIO!!!! no fair!

sara said...

I LOVE that armoire! Wow- you are going to have fun with that!

walther said...

took a lot of arm for lori to re-define that arm-oire...

Gina Lee Kim said...

Yay! now we both have white armoires :) You did SUCH a fantastic job...

Beedeebabee said...

I WANT ONE!!!! Smiles Paulette :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...