Tuesday, June 9, 2009

meet the sture

 from the land of Ikea, meet the sture.  my little dutch boy bought it for me when we lived in brussels and i've left it natural all these years because it fit with my "eclectic" studio style.  rubber stamps fit perfectly in those skinny little drawers, and stamp pads and other goodies are stored (stured?!) in the larger drawers.  


and now that we're about t-h-r-e-e days from closing on our new house (woo hoo!!),  i'm trading in my natural furniture for a pottery barn/anthropologie wanna-be style.  some leftover creamy white paint from my armoire project did just the trick!


i used this product (found at hobby lobby) to create the words on the drawers.  i had not actually tried this before, so i'm not sure that using it for this project...that required 18 different words...was the best place to start, as the adhesive on this is a little tricky to use.  the directions are easy to follow, but the adhesive is very sticky!  i'm really happy with the results, though, and i think that it will look great in my new studio...let the countdown begin!!

13 comments:

Silke Powers said...

Oh, this looks so great! I love those rub on words. Thanks for coming by and leaving such a great comment on my blog! :) By the way, that isn't our driveway - Patti gave us too much credit! It's the drive up to Wormsloe Plantation. Alas, we live in suburbia without such grandeur... It's nice to dream though...:) Silke

Dolores said...

Great job on the sture. I love the words but eighteen drawers? Wow. Good luck with the new house.

Beedeebabee said...

Another really pretty piece! I can't wait to see pictures of your new studio!!! Good luck with the new house...How exciting!!! Smiles, Paulette :o)

Gina Lee Kim said...

Lori, I'm so very proud of you! This is going to go nicely with your freshly painted armoire! Does Gina get drawer number 11 (that's her favorite number). Thank you :)

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Lori! Fabulous revamped look! I love it! Your additions to it are perfect! Congrats on closing your new home! I bet you'll have a blast at decorating!

Thanks for always coming to visit and peppering me with your sweet comments! I really appreciate it! Have a great week!

Hugs,
Lisa :)

sara said...

Wow- what a organizational dream! I love what you have done with it!

Martha Lever said...

Love this---wish I had one---like I've any more room for one more thing!! Love the numbers---very cute. Well, I'll just have to pick up those "make you won rub-ons" at HL along with all my soldering equipment for my online class. I'm gonna try it!

Veronica said...

Another great makeover - you should start a tv show! I wish we had Ikea here, ive looked at the australia Ikea website and everything is so cheap!

shiborigirl said...

Wooot! Lookin' Good, Baby! So exciting knowing the move is around the corner.

It's great that your studio stuff is getting a facelift for their new environs...

xoxo,

Kate

xxx said...

000h i like what you have done with this piece of ikea :-)


best wishes
Ribbon

Christie Minchew said...

What a great idea. I love cabinets with little cubbies and drawers. The lettering (numbering?) makes it extra fun. Have fun at house closing (if that's possible!).

julie king said...

well, i love it of course!!! can't wait to see your new studio.

the rub ons look interesting. do you think they would work on mixed media collages?

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Fun place! Blessings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...