Monday, June 1, 2009

inspiration monday

one of my favorite places to go when i'm looking for some inspiration is the greeting card store.  there's something there for everyone....funny, sad, kid-like, lovey-dovey, cheesy, to-the-point, touch-your-heart, etc.   but i must admit that my favorites are the ones that convey a simple truth in ten words or less...like this little goodie above!  of course, almost any card that has to do with ice cream or chocolate will usually find its way into my cart.  these are wonderful pieces of affordable art that i just can't get enough of, so today i honor all the wonderful, imaginative, savvy, talented, overworked-because-they're-probably-always-up-against-a-deadline, creative genius, providers of art inspiration,  greeting card creators!!
this card was created by the creative artists at Carlton Cards

8 comments:

Lauren Maurer said...

oooo I love this card!!

Dolores said...

It is such a nice caption and it's true, it all depends on your state of mind as to how you take it.

Kelly Warren said...

great line! i love that one!

julie king said...

this made me smile! i like to browse the card aisles as well looking for inspiration, a catchy phrase or a frameable piece of art!!

Gina Lee Kim said...

I thought I was the only one that went to her local Hallmark store and perused the card section. I consider it "art research" & will buy any card that's pretty or pretty funny. Lori, you are my inspiration...Truly.

p.s. I didn't get any sleep last night! Forgot how draining exhibits can be. Installing my pieces tonight. eek!

Martha Lever said...

I love this Lori. It brought a Lori smile to my face as you always do!

Veronica said...

So True. :)

Carmen said...

What a great card! I get lost in the greeting card aisle at Target sometimes. lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...