Wednesday, June 24, 2009

great expectations


my expectations were that by today my studio would be near completion, all organized and just waiting for me to come in and start playing.  but the reality is that sometimes life interferes with our best laid plans...too many interruptions, too many unexpected issues that go along with moving into a new house, too many errands that are taking me out of the house!  so, while i'm a little behind schedule, i'm proud to say that i've at least successfully set up my work tables....and they're free of clutter!  these two tables from ikea have adjustable legs (in ikea language the legs are called "vika kaj")....one table has the legs adjusted to my height (so my back won't hurt any more) and will be used for tearing large papers and gluing book boards....the other table has been adjusted to the proper height for chairs, perfect for sewing books or when my friends come over for some creative play!   

14 comments:

presious said...

At last, at last it is coming together! Small progress but major step! Good for you Elvie :)...YAY! Moving is a long, long, drawn out process. With that said, you have done a lot for your studio. You have waited a long time for this to begin. Soon, before you know it, it will be complete...:)

Flor Larios Art said...

Great! I am happy for you...please post photos when ready. Keep it clean! I know it is hard...
Hugs,
Flor

Teresa aka Tess said...

Wow and how I would love to be sitting in that chair. Congrats on the progressive you have made. Wonderful!!

Dolores said...

Those adjustable legs from Ikea are marvellous. You can even use them with an uneven floor. I love mine and got them when the sewing room/studio got re-painted and a new laminate floor was installed.
Your room will get done in due time and then you can create again.

Silke Powers said...

Oh, this is going to be such a great space for you to play in! Wonderful!! Can't wait to see what it all looks like when finished! :) Silke

Martha Lever said...

You're gettin' there!!!!!!

Debbie said...

It's looking really great Lori!

PrairiePeasant said...

Little by little....

Those tables are a great idea! Your back/neck will thank you for the good ergonomics (that's my occupational therapist half talking!).

Shaina said...

Looking great Lori! Love all these pictures of your studio in progress! Love the work table too! I'm going to have to keep that in mind for my own future craft heaven ;o)

noodle and lou said...

Ikea is awesome!!! Love those tables Lori. I'm imagining all the wonderful things that will come to life there:):)

xox...jenn

Christie Minchew said...

Hey, it's coming along. And it WILL happen. I love the tables. I'm about to whack off the legs on my sewing table to save my back as well. What I need is those tables with pumps like the dentist or physical therapy offices :). Another million $$ idea.

and I love what you wrote to your dad. Very heart-warming and makes me think of my dad...

shiborigirl said...

Ohh! Perfect! A table adjusted to YOU. No more back pain... what a concept. :)

Just imagine how much you are going to appreciate it when you do finally get to sit down and use that magnificent studio space.

Hugs,

Kate

Staci Danford said...

How wonderfully inspiring is a clean work space... ha It always gives me the desire to make something and mess it up.. ha

julie king said...

love those ikea tables!! and you are right, we DO need multiple tables at multiple heights for every conceivable task. hee hee

hope the interruptions can slow down so you can back to what you love to do!!! have a great weekend, sweet friend!

((hugs))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...