Saturday, June 27, 2009

happy landing

this is the landing that leads up to my new studio (please pardon the glare from my little oval window!).  i'll change out the artwork on the easel from time to time....i'm starting with this lovely from mary englebreit.


this is one of my all-time favorites.  i'm not always good about remembering the message, so i decided to put it out where i'll see it frequently!  i'm trying not to worry about getting everything moved in and put in place TODAY.....my house is a work in progress, just like me.....and, it's gonna take some time to get everything juuuust right!
click on image to see it larger

8 comments:

Shaina said...

As a constant worrywart I think this quote needs to make it somewhere where I can see it often! ;o) Really enjoying watching your new home come together!

Christie Minchew said...

Hi Lori, I love that idea! A bit of inspiration to set your studio mood. And the changing out is a great idea, too. I tend to get so used to something that I don't even see it after a while.
I've got a really goofy, creative thingy on my studio door and it is the perfect signpost for my studio. It makes me think, for a moment anyway, to step out of the ol' comfort zone.
As for your house, don't worry, you'll have it almost done by Christmas!
Relax and enjoyyyyy,
Christie

sara said...

Great idea!! And I have always loved that print by Mary E- the words and the picture.

Silke Powers said...

Oh, I need the reminder several times a day! It's so easy for me to get carried away by needless worrying. Thanks for reminding me!! Hugs, Silke

Dolores said...

What a wonderful saying and is that carpeting new? It looks as if no one has troddened(?) on it - you know what I mean.
Thanks for showing us your progress on setting up your new house.

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

I like that quote from Mary E.! My hubby's always telling me to stop worrying, lol.

Kelly Warren said...

lovely idea, lorie! and i love that quote. i really really need to remember that.

julie king said...

well said and a good message to keep front and center. i love that you plan to change the easel frequently. a truly wonderful idea!!

hugs to you as you get settled and finish "nesting"!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...