Monday, June 29, 2009

inspiration monday

inspiration comes from everywhere....and this past week, it came twice in my mailbox!   i first received this fabulous little fabric heart-in-hand yo-yo from the very sweet carol sloan.  carol is a very talented mixed-media artist and creates SO many wonderful things!  this was created using some of her own "rusty fabric"....and the cute note was written on a piece of her fun and whimsical doodle-art paper!  her little package was a total surprise and completely made my day!  thanks again, carol...you definitely put the sweet in sweetpea!  

and, then just yesterday i went to my mailbox and pulled out this wonderful piece of love and happiness!  the envelope alone had me grinning from ear-to-ear....and then i opened it....oh.my.goodness!!  created by the incredibly talented judith leitch, she has once again left me speechless with this beautiful piece of original artwork!  and as huge as her talent is for design, color, and letterforms, her heart is even huger!  sweet, sweet friend, judith....your kindness and generosity brings tears to my eyes and i have been so blessed to call you friend for these many years!   thank you so much for sharing your time and talent in creating this for me!
please click on images for a bigger view!

14 comments:

Jane Farr said...

What wonderful deposits your friends have made in your inspiration account! You reap what you sow Lori. Thanks for sharing and inspiring all of us.

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

I agree with Jane! Lori, you are a wonderful and talented lady who deserves any and all blessings that come your way.

Teresa aka Tess said...

Wonderful, wonderful surprises. Such blessings from good friends. They are lovely and you are well deserving. I remember making yo yo's as a child for my granny. And that fabric sings Lori.
Tess

Debbie / Prairie Emporium said...

How fun to get you mail, such beautiful gifts from friends.

Carol Sloan said...

YOU are the inspiration Lori! I was simply responding to what I have felt glowing around you...And a sweetpea? Takes one to know one, now doesn't it?

Carol Sloan said...

oh, and thank you for the shout out!

Kelly Warren said...

so pretty! i'm taking martha lever's class next month so i'm so excited to learn some letter skills. :-)

Silke Powers said...

Oh, wow, these are both such gorgeous surprises to come your way! How wonderful!! :) Silke

Martha Lever said...

Sweet Carol--love her! AND--OMGosh---OMGoodness---I am breathless---a persolalized Judith original!!! Oh MY!!! my my my my...

from one calligrapher to another--you get the drift!

Christie Minchew said...

Wow, those are some unbelievably wonderful friends! But you know what that means, don't you? That means you must be pretty special as well. What wonderful surprises from 2 wonderfully creative ( and thoughtful) friends.

Lauren Maurer said...

I love getting mail! Espially when it's full of super fun sweetness! Yay! You deserve it!!

shiborigirl said...

How nice to open surprise prezzies from such good friends!

And, I love the rotating-art-n-the-landing idea in your previous entry. Keep things fresh. :)

xoxo,

Kate

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Lori! What touching gifts to receive! You truly do deserve all the blessings! Hope you're doing well with all the organizing and currently singing with fun creative play!

Thanks so much for your super sweet message! I really appreciate it! Have a great week!

Hugs,
Lisa :)

Monica Holtsclaw said...

What kind and talented friends you have!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...